zorin notification menu

johnny306

Credits
I am using zorin os on a laptop. I want to add thunderbird email program to the notification menu. How do I do this? Thanks, johnny 306

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
G'day @johnny306 , you had some probs with Elementary Loki as I recollect?

In your Zorin, go to Menu, choose Internet, right-click Thunderbird Email and Add to Favourites, this will place an icon on your Panel.

Open Thunderbird and then minimise it. The Panel icon will have a dot beneath it.

Go to Menu again and choose Settings. Likely 2nd spot in Personal will be Notifications, click that. There is a scrollbar on the right. Scroll down and see if Thunderbird has been added to the list.

Click that and you can adapt some notification settings.

I have got as far as enabling sound so it makes a little chime noise when mail comes in, but have not got to see if visual alerts can be effected.

Let us know how you go

Cheers

Wiz

johnny306

Credits
I am using zorin os on a laptop. I want to add thunderbird email program to the notification menu. How do I do this? Thanks, johnny 306
Thanks for the reply and help. You solved my problem! I have had no major problems using Zorin. I now have zorin installed on two notebooks. It is a joy to use. It just works! I get all updates via wifi very fast.

Thanks again,
johnny306

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I've always liked the big Z, have been using it since OS 9 and it follows me from one computer to another, but as I run 60 to 80 others, I don't spend a lot of time with it, so am no expert.

Glad this worked for you and

Enjoy your Linux

Wiz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts