Zend Debugger not working in Linux Kali with Apache and Zend Studio

Koles

Reaction score
Credits
I've been working on Windows in PHP for many years using Zend Studio and Zend Debugger which is great. Now I'm trying to set this up on my Linux Kali installation and I'm having some problems with this.

I have installed newest Apache 2.4.46 and PHP 7.4.x from debian repositories (using apt) (strangly the sub-version (x) was not the newest one!). After downloading Zend Debugger and configuring it in php.ini the debugger was not present in phpinfo().

The file downloaded from Zend website (https://www.zend.com/downloads/zend-studio-web-debugger) is named ZendDebugger-linux-x86_64/php-7.0.x/ZendDebugger.so and it doesn't work with PHP 7.4.x (very bad from Zend, isn't it? Or did I do something wrong?)

Anyway I switched to PHP 7.0.x - also downloaded from apt and then the debugger showed up in phpinfo(). I have installed Zend Studio 13 and Firefox toolbar which is configured with default settings: broadcast port 20080 (clicking Test button shows OK).

I run Zend Studio and click "Debug Current Page" in Firefox on some localhost PHP file with breakpoints set up and it doesn't work - instead I see standard "Connect has timed out" in Firefox - WHY? It looks like ports are not disabled on localhost, but I'm rather new to Linux so I may be wrong somewhere...

Please help :)

What I added to php.ini :

Code:
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/ZendDebugger-linux-x86_64/php-7.0.x/ZendDebugger.so

[zend_debugger]
zend_debugger.allow_hosts=127.0.0.1
zend_debugger.allow_from_all=true
zend_debugger.passive_mode_timeout=60
zend_debugger.expose_remotely=always

No idea how zend debugger works, but is there anything running on 127.0.01:20080?

Well, there is nothing else on that port. Any else ideas? I'm going to contact Zend and ask them...

Screenshot_2020-12-13_21-09-55.png

Zend Studio is listening on port 20080 which is correct.

Members online

Latest posts