youtube leaving roku. is Raspberry Pi a good substitute

Leonardo_B

Reaction score
Credits
YouTube Leaving roku . So wondering a bout Raspberry Pi how fast is it and worth it for watching media ? all I like watching is Distro tv ,pluto tv , tubi, and xumo. If any has use Raspberry Pi as media player let me know your thoughts

"YouTube leaving Roku" is not exactly a question... and not really even about Linux. Asking "Is Raspberry Pi a good media player?" might have been a better Title to be more on-topic.

Since many people use a Raspberry Pi as a media server... I have to think it is quite capable as a player too.

DuckDuckGo results for "raspberry pi media server."

What is actually happening, is that Google has decided to remove the Youtube ap from the Roku ap store due to a dispute between the two parties. If you already have the ap installed in your Roku, you are good to go. In other words, the Corporate children are not playing well in the Corporate sand box.:p What a surprise!o_O

What is actually happening, is that Google has decided to remove the Youtube ap from the Roku ap store due to a dispute between the two parties. If you already have the ap installed in your Roku, you are good to go. In other words, the Corporate children are not playing well in the Corporate sand box.:p What a surprise!o_O
which may effect update down the road at some point . I looking into install android tv on Raspberry Pi they still have problem people have sayed from audio over hdmi , to no display on screen , and no hard ware acceleration. i also look at bliss os which is still android but it a little better stil no hard wear acceleration from what people say . but they did say everything worked in browser for media. I look Kodia on my linux mint 20.2 build and i could not find many add ons what that about . their is none on tv and every little in games. a full linux distro may be the way to go

The pi4 runs real nice on ethernet cable super fast. add an ssd in the mix and you have a super fast single board computer that will serve you well. as a youtube and whatever else yiu want to throw at it.

I don't know if others are having the same problem but, starting yesterday, every time I try to start youtube by clicking on the shortcut (in chromium on my Pi) the browser just closes. I can go to this site, but not youtube. Sounds fishy to me, how about you guys? o_O

P.S. I even tried going to youtube using a google search. It came up, but when I clicked on it, the browser closed abruptly. This shit is pissing me off!!:mad:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts