YouTube lag & CPU spike when moving mouse

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
So now I'm a bit confused. I've updated PoP!_OS again, and the same issue I've reported here before has returned in a different way. When I move my mouse while watching a YouTube video at the same time, my CPU usage spikes (From 15% to 35%) and the videos begins to stutter. The audio continues to play fluently, except the videos keeps skipping ahead to match where the audio is.

To be clear, when I do not have a video playing, the CPU doesn't spike, or at the very least, the spike is imperceptible to the stat monitor, which I believe, is as it should be.

The last time, updating the Nvidia driver fixed it, until I updated the system again. Now its back and I don't know what's causing it again. The mouse is P&P, and based on the normal functionality of the other peripherals, the USB driver appears to be functioning properly.

I don't know guys, I don't know. This has now gotten past my abilities to tinker, poke & prod...

Which browser is youtube playing in ?

Which browser is youtube playing in ?
Firefox. By the way, it takes a while for it to start acting out. Closing and opening the browser doesn't fix it, only restarting the pc will make it work normally for a while.

I've tried different browsers. They all had hardware acceleration issues with some of the online content I create and problems with add-ons, combined with issues with integrating SIGEN-CA digital certificates. Its more than a matter convenience, its about op-sec for my digital content.

Simply put, Firefox remains the best private, safe and secure option available to me atm. By the way, this is the vitals output in regards to the specific processes that are spiking when I am moving the mouse with the browser open:
Screenshot from 2023-05-05 11-41-13.png

And like I said, they only start when the system is up and running for a while, and a system restart fixes it.

Members online

Latest posts