xp 2155 driver for linux mint help please

david1800

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I am new here my first post and am attempting to move from mac to linux. My first issue is getting my epson printer xp 2155 to work with my linux mint on laptop. The printer just prints a blank page whenever attempting to print from an image or text. Any advice on how to fix this most welcome. Thanks

Welcome to the forums,
download XP-2155 drivers [make sure you pick the right one for your system]

Thank you Brickwizard it appears that Epson does not have a driver for Linux I checked it out yesterday.

Then I suggest you try again, go to the link I posted in the search box [and it MUST be correct] xp-2155 [lower case xp and a -
or it won't return the correct page,]
Oh and it's the 2150 series drivers

Ok this worked! Thanks. As I am totally new to linux can you give some guidance on which driver to download from the attached options. I am on mint cinnamon 2.0 5.4-54 generic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-07 Epson - drivers downloads.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-07 Epson - drivers downloads.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 277
Ok this worked! Thanks. As I am totally new to linux can you give some guidance on which driver to download from the attached options. I am on mint cinnamon 2.0 5.4-54 generic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-07 EPSON Download Center.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-07 EPSON Download Center.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 209
AM-64 Deb download to your download file or desk top and open from there, it should self install

oopps forgot to add generic drivers and print utilities, install print driver first

Moved to the Mint sub-forum.

Actually, it is more appropriate to the Hardware Section, which is described as

Help with getting various hardware working correctly with Linux

Printers, scanners, keyboards, mice - ie basically peripheral devices, are all better placed there, so I am moving it there.

@david1800 welcome to linux.org :)

Please report back here with an outcome, successful or otherwise, and we can help you further if need be.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

it is with regret that I have to add that it did not work. Although I managed to download and install the driver you recommended I just tried to print a document and it failed once again :((

Open mint menu, select all applications, scroll down to printers open this will open local host, is your printer showing in the box, if yes does it have a green tick on it if so it should be set up, if not click on add and provided the drivers have loaded correctly after a minute or so it should appear in the list select and make default

Staff online