XFCE on Mint

N

nephilim

I recently put Mint in place of OS X on my macbook and loved it but the mouse seemed laggy and everything responded slowly. I was digging the Cinnamon DE but just switched to XFCE and I'm loving it. I knew it was lighter and sure enough everything runs smooth as butter on this old macbook. Funny thing is I never liked the screenshots of XFCE, but I guess I just had to see it in person. Kind of reminds me of BeOS a little.... and yes I've tried the new Haiku OS lol.

I now run Mint-15-xfce, as well. It is the only Mint I have really liked since 11-lxde.
Give me performance more than eye-candy, please!
You may want to check out Vector Linux and in particular its VLocity 64-bit version. Talk about a nice job with XFCE . . . !

Voyager Linux also has a nice XFCE. I am an Eyecandy lover however...as my screenshot shows.
DiamondKDE1.png

But voyager is really nice also:
41.png

i haven't use xface before. Its awesome ;)
Xface as in an open source toolkit for 3d talking head creation, or Xface as in is a small bitmap (48 × 48 pixels, black and white) image which is added to a Usenet posting or e-mail message, typically showing a picture of the author's face.

???

;)

Members online