Wrong date using imapsync UBUNTU 20.04

ajaxpain

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I am using imapsyn to migrate from one email to another, but the emails are uploaded with an incorrect date, in the inbox and sent.
In the other folders, the date has no problem (drafts, trash, etc).
It's 30 gb of emails.
Is there any way to fix the date of emails that have already been uploaded?
I am using the following parameters:
imapsync --nosyncacls --syncinternaldates --subscribe --host1 192.168.1.199 --user1 [email protected] --password1 AD$$ --host2 192.168.1.215 --user2 [email protected]/tb --password2 AD $$ --notls1 --automap

Screenshot-2.png

Ask the developer on Github?

Ask the developer on Github?
No answers, I was looking for someone who has had the same problem, sorry

The software you are using isn't something someone uses every day. When I synced my personal mail account to my new server I just synced it by adding a second account to my Thunderbird and then copying it over that way. That way all the dates of the original mails were still kept as well. The only way to have the correct date on your emails would be to recopy them over by either using that tool or Thunderbird. Since when I compare the date of the email on the filesystem to the date of the email in the email client they match.

If it's just for you the easier option will be to do like I did and add a second imap account to your Thunderbird and then just drag all the folders over and that way they will be synced while keeping the timestamp. What I also did I created a top level directory where are all my other email directories fall under, so that when I have to migrate to a new server I can just drag to top level directory and drag it and everything will be copied over. If it's not just you I was just report an issue on the github project's page like you already did but it may take a bit before they answer.

The software you are using isn't something someone uses every day. When I synced my personal mail account to my new server I just synced it by adding a second account to my Thunderbird and then copying it over that way. That way all the dates of the original mails were still kept as well. The only way to have the correct date on your emails would be to recopy them over by either using that tool or Thunderbird. Since when I compare the date of the email on the filesystem to the date of the email in the email client they match.

If it's just for you the easier option will be to do like I did and add a second imap account to your Thunderbird and then just drag all the folders over and that way they will be synced while keeping the timestamp. What I also did I created a top level directory where are all my other email directories fall under, so that when I have to migrate to a new server I can just drag to top level directory and drag it and everything will be copied over. If it's not just you I was just report an issue on the github project's page like you already did but it may take a bit before they answer.
Sorry for asking again, but, do you recommend any other application to do the migration?
preferably free haha

Sorry for asking again, but, do you recommend any other application to do the migration?
preferably free haha
I can't recommend anything else since I haven't used another other application to migrate my own mail. Is it just for your are you trying to migrate an x number of users? Maybe try contacting to author through their website?

Last edited: