Wordpress Active Directory Integration Plugin

M

mbaluran

Hello, from what I understand ldap support for php is required for this plugin to work. Also, ldap is a built in module in centos6. What I don't understand is when I installed this plugin, it says "
ATTENTION: You have no LDAP support. This plugin won´t work."

And when I performed a test, it tells me, openLDAP is not installed. Here are my error logs:
Jun 10 22:59:47 localhost slaptest: sql_select option missing
Jun 10 22:59:47 localhost slaptest: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available

Code:
yum install php-ldap
then edit /etc/php.ini
and add
Code:
extension=ldap.so
then either restart the server or restart httpd

Oh besides that I also have these errors:

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_gettext.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_gettext.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

3. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.so' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_openssl.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_openssl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Oh besides that I also have these errors:

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_gettext.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_gettext.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

3. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.so' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_openssl.dll' - /usr/lib64/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/php_openssl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
How did you install php?

Code:
yum install php-ldap
then edit /etc/php.ini
and add
Code:
extension=ldap.so
Code:
yum install php-ldap
then edit /etc/php.ini
and add
Code:
extension=ldap.so
you are wrong, the software's install should use the power of adminiroustrator.you should log in an account which have the power of adminiroustrator (like root),then input:
sudo yum install *
(you can't install the third party software with yum)
then input:
sudo gedit
and open files with it.

you are wrong, the software's install should use the power of adminiroustrator.you should log in an account which have the power of adminiroustrator (like root),then input:
sudo yum install *
(you can't install the third party software with yum)
then input:
sudo gedit
and open files with it.
I fail to see how
Code:
yum install package-name
is wrong. The yum command is how Red Hat based distributions are supposed to install software unless they directly download the packages direclty in which case they would use the rpm command or they compile the software from source. I did not include the use of sudo because I made the assumption that @mbaluran knows how packages are installed on CentOS since the OP is working with LDAP. Usually only System Admins work with LDAP so I beleived the OP knows how administrative permissions work. Telling any user that sudo should be used whenever you install software is incorrect. If the user is logged in as Root, for example, then the use of sudo is not needed. Saying that sudo should always be used can lead to misunderstandings about what sudo is.

I also don't understand your comment about not yum not being able to install third-party software. Yum is used to install packages from repositories and if those repositories have access to third-party software then they can be installed with yum. Many companies provide repositories for third-party software on Red Hat and CentOS. Many third-party packages are available in the CentOS repositories by default, such as PHP packages. They are not created by the CentOS team but are maintened by them.

Why should the OP use the blank regex to install software (the wildcard)? Using regexs incorrectly can cause system damage if you are not careful and they should only be used in certain situations. An example would be:
Code:
yum install 'foo*'
as described in the yum manpage:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/yum
Running
Code:
yum install *
results in:
centOS 6 [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox_106.png
However, if you make the simple mistake of running this:
Code:
yum install '*'
yum will fail due to package conflicts.
centOS 6 [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox_107.png
However, if you are trying to repair the package, then you should upgrade the rest of the system then uninstall/reinstall the php package. Being very specific with the package name. Regexs(wildcards) should be used sparsely.Also note the lack of sudo usage since I was logged in as Root.

Finally, you say to open gedit with admin privaleges but not what files to open. You also make an assumption that the OP is even using a graphical environment and has gedit installed. I said 'edit' instead of an exact command because I do not know what editor the OP likes to use or what environment he is using. The OP may prefer nano over gedit, or vim or emacs. I made the assumption that the OP knows how to edit files and that the OP knows admin privaleges will be needed.

I do apologize to @mbaluran for not following up with the problems. This post fell under my radar. I cannot be on the forums all the time. It seems that the system is in need of repair or packages have not been installed correctly.

Last edited:
I fail to see how
Code:
yum install package-name
is wrong. The yum command is how Red Hat based distributions are supposed to install software unless they directly download the packages direclty in which case they would use the rpm command or they compile the software from source. I did not include the use of sudo because I made the assumption that @mbaluran knows how packages are installed on CentOS since the OP is working with LDAP. Usually only System Admins work with LDAP so I beleived the OP knows how administrative permissions work. Telling any user that sudo should be used whenever you install software is incorrect. If the user is logged in as Root, for example, then the use of sudo is not needed. Saying that sudo should always be used can lead to misunderstandings about what sudo is.

I also don't understand your comment about not yum not being able to install third-party software. Yum is used to install packages from repositories and if those repositories have access to third-party software then they can be installed with yum. Many companies provide repositories for third-party software on Red Hat and CentOS. Many third-party packages are available in the CentOS repositories by default, such as PHP packages. They are not created by the CentOS team but are maintened by them.

Why should the OP use the blank regex to install software (the wildcard)? Using regexs incorrectly can cause system damage if you are not careful and they should only be used in certain situations. An example would be:
Code:
yum install 'foo*'
as described in the yum manpage:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/yum
Running
Code:
yum install *
results in:
View attachment 2319
However, if you make the simple mistake of running this:
Code:
yum install '*'
yum will fail due to package conflicts.
View attachment 2320
However, if you are trying to repair the package, then you should upgrade the rest of the system then uninstall/reinstall the php package. Being very specific with the package name. Regexs(wildcards) should be used sparsely.Also note the lack of sudo usage since I was logged in as Root.

Finally, you say to open gedit with admin privaleges but not what files to open. You also make an assumption that the OP is even using a graphical environment and has gedit installed. I said 'edit' instead of an exact command because I do not know what editor the OP likes to use or what environment he is using. The OP may prefer nano over gedit, or vim or emacs. I made the assumption that the OP knows how to edit files and that the OP knows admin privaleges will be needed.

I do apologize to @mbaluran for not following up with the problems. This post fell under my radar. I cannot be on the forums all the time. It seems that the system is in need of repair or packages have not been installed correctly.
sorry,my OS is fedora 22 ,it use SELinux. if you run:
yum install php-ldap
it will say:
"error:this command has to be run under root user"
and it's hard to remember the path of a file.
what is a third party software?bing is not a third party software for m$, but it was made in a small company localed in shanghai, china. microsoft office was also made in china, but it's still not a third party software for microsoft. but qihoo 360 safety is a third party software. so a third party software is a kind of software made by "useless or harmful ones ".it's very common in china (like tencent and qihoo).if you have time, you can learn about it.

Last edited: