Wireless adapter not showing up anywhere but its connected (Parrot OS VB)

ogomez1111111111111

Reaction score
Credits
Hey, I have connected my Realtek 802.11ac adapter and my host is not using it and it's not letting me connect to wifi or see it in iwconfig or ifconfig. Tried a bunch of solutions online and none of them are working.

if you have inxi installed then kindly open a terminal and run inxi -N ...[inxispace-N]
and post back the report

Bwiz

Capture.PNG

well that's not showing a realtek wi-fi

I was expecting to see something like this...
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
driver: r8169
Device-2: Realtek RTL8188CUS 802.11n WLAN Adapter type: USB
driver: rtl8192cu

is your wi-fi built in or are you using a USB dongle
if its usb try changing the port you plug it into

ok done a bit of looking around, found this on the VB help site [same question as yours]
The vm does not have emulate any wireless NICS, only Ethernet. The vm cannot see the physical card in the host machine. It sees only its own emulated devices
now there may be a way round this but I am not versed enough in VB to advise you further ,
please make allowances and I hope one of our members who is, will turn up [but we are spread across the 4 corners of the globe and its time zones

Brickwizard is correct the Virtual Box does not do wifi directly it depends on the Host machine to navigate the network connection. It show an Ethernet connection which is actually a connection via the Host Machine's internet access. Wireless in VB is very unstable even if you go through all the trouble of getting in to acknowledge the device. But you have to use a usb wifi and it can not be in use by the host machine.

yeah the usb wifi is connected and not in use by the host machine and it is selected in the usb list for the virtual machine

So would the best option be to use parrot as host directly?

You can probably get an external wifi adapter (USB wireless adapter) and select that hardware directly through your VM, assuming it's VirtualBox. I'd read up and verify this, but that's my memory.

Members online