wired connection problem in kali 2.0

P

pallock

hello
i am a complete newbie in linux so if you go easy on me that will be a great help for me. i recently installed kali 2.0 in my laptop in dual boot. but in kali my broadband connection says its connected but i can't surf the internet.
while in my windows operasting system the connection works fine..
i have looked everywhere but could'nt find a solution for this problem. a post was created aug-4-2013 as "wired internet connection problem"..in the last reply the user(one who faced the same problem) said she solved the problem by changing the mac address..can some one please explain this briefly and how can i change the mac address???

i am a complete newbie in linux
it is NOT a recommended distribution if you’re unfamiliar with Linux or are looking for a general-purpose Linux desktop distribution for development, web design, gaming, etc.
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.
If you are looking for a Linux distribution to learn the basics of Linux and need a good starting point, Kali Linux is not the ideal distribution for you. You may want to begin with Ubuntu, Mint, or Debian instead. If you’re interested in getting hands-on with the internals of Linux, take a look the “Linux From Scratch” project.
- http://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux

brother after this problem i used ubuntu from pendrive and i faced the same problem. it shows that my broadband or wired is connected but i can't surf the net..what should i do??in windows there's no problem in connection

brother i have used ubuntu from pendrive and similarly i can't surf the internet..it shows that it is connecterd to wired network but i can't surf or use net..

Perhaps, the device that is used to provide your broadband requires a proprietary device. Try using Ubuntu and then in "Software Sources" allow "Proprietary Drivers". You should also install "ubuntu-restricted-extras".

Members online