Wine Issues on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

ana.amg.mb

Reaction score
Credits
Good evening, everyone.

So I'm not an expert on Linux, so I would appreciate if you gave me as simple information as possible. My OS recently updated to 20.04.2 LTS and before that everything was working wonderfully with Wine since I have to work with some .exe files. Ever since it was updated, it's not working anymore. I'm sending you as much information as I can about the issue along with a screenshot of the issue.

Exec string:
/usr/bin/env WINE='/usr/bin/wine' WINEPREFIX='/home/ana/.wine' WINESERVER='/usr/bin/wineserver' WINELOADER='/usr/bin/wine' WINEDEBUG='-all' /bin/sh -c "cd '/home/ana/Downloads/TN1/' && '/usr/bin/wine' 'START_PC.exe' 2>&1 "
Exit code:
App STDOUT and STDERR output:
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
X Error of failed request: GLXBadFBConfig
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 0 ()
Serial number of failed request: 275
Current serial number in output stream: 275

Thanks to everyone for wanting to help, I'm really clueless, I've tried uninstalling and installing Wine, but it hasn't worked so far. Help please!!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-08-21 21-57-27.png
    Screenshot from 2021-08-21 21-57-27.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 295

G'Day ana.amg.mb, Welcome to Linux.org

This may be a case of the blind leading the blind....I know very little about wine.

However, some info will undoubtedly help anyone approaching this topic.

Which version of Wine do/did you have?

Do you think it may help if you reinstall following these instruactions??

Give it a try......you never know.

When you have wine installed and working, set up a Backup that you can go back to if something goes weird on you in the future. There has to be a good way to safeguard your install of Wine.

Thanks for your replies. I tried what you suggested, but I cannot find the solution. I think I'm going to reboot the system or reinstall Ubuntu and see if it works. I'm not really an expert and that's all I know how to do.

Members online