wine installations disapearing

From what I can see the problem is not found in wine or Linux it's self but in the fact that the Eve has decided to change the launcher so it no longer will work in Linux. I doubt even if you get it installed in wine it going to work right. Your best bet would be to run Windows in a Virtual Machine like Virtual Box and run the eve launcher there. Or dual boot with Window. If you follow the links on the page you posted it says that the eve launcher will no longer work in Linux or Steam because of changes in the way they implement security on eve. Seems like they do not support Linux any more. I may be wrong but that's what it sounds like.

I think where you have the installer showing and not the launcher is because the launcher can't find the registry key on Fallout New Vegas.

Also do you have a steam folder it is usually located here - /home/yourusername/.steam/ - it is a hidden folder

Did your game happen to install there?

Also did you remove the original wine64 first before running the previous commands I posted when I said - "Doing it the above way also grabs the 32 Bit Files - I would first remove the version of Wine you have then do it this way as posted - this will also grab any updates to Wine 6 from WineHQ should there be any" ? If you did not then there will be issues with the current Wine install.

Also if Play On Linux seems empty click on the Install a Program on the left side this will bring up a second screen it will download the database for Play on Linux sound like you have no database it will take a minute or two to download then you can click on the Games icon and search for Fallout New Vegas

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the game on Steam and it launches and runs through Proton so it should also work using Lutris.

sorry guys i gave up on linux... im back on windows :(
thank you for all your help but its all above my dumb Canadian head

Its all good! You can always come back and I understand the frustration... I am a newbie in Linux as well and it took some time to get wine/lutris working....

I recommend to try and play with a VM first to get the hang of how to install all these apps, etc.

Dont blame yourself, there's a learning curve to this. You're welcome here any time!

I agree with what @TheProf said, but also know that Windows is not the same as GNU/Linux so you aren't going to jump over from one to the other without running into problems because that is part of the learning process of learning a new OS which no one gets to skip.

P.S I did request a refund for that game because it wasn't my type of game and I bought it just to see if I could run it through Steam Play using Proton.

Members online