Wine 3.0.1

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Wasn't quite sure where to post about Linux software so I thought I post here. Does anyone know when wine 3.0.1 for Ubuntu 18.04 will be available?

Hi Eddie here is as good as any :)

If you are talking wine-stable, it may not occur before the release of Ubuntu 18.04.1 in July.

If you are talking wine-development, then there is up to 3.6 in the repos, and the following link also tells how you can add a PPA to your Ubuntu.

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/03/wine-3-4-released-more-vulkan-support-added/

That being said, I do not use Wine, so I can't provide any technical advice :confused:

Cheers

Wizard

I tried installing that way & that way won't work.

There are only a few steps to follow. At what point did it fail to work for you? I can try the installation on another computer to follow along... which Ubuntu and which Desktop are you using?

Ubuntu 18.04 Codename: Bionic Beaver

Someone here told me that Ubuntu 18.4.1 might have Wine 3.0.1, I think I'll wait till July 26 & see what it has when I get it.

I figured out how to get Wine 3.0.1 installed but w/ one problem, the Configure Wine file wasn't anywhere to be found. Is version 3.0.1 supposed to have that file just like 3.0 is?

Btw, I installed Wine 3.0.1 using "Sudo su" in terminal.

Does anyone here have an answer for me here? :)

How do you configure Wine 3.0.1 or is it preconfigured?

I found it. It's in Home>.wine>drive_c>windows>system32 Folder.

How do you make a shortcut to it?

And for more fun and excitement... Wine 3.0.2 was released yesterday, 26 June 2018. :eek::D

(See the link for changelog and bug fixes.)

Cheers

And for more fun and excitement... Wine 3.0.2 was released yesterday, 26 June 2018. :eek::D

(See the link for changelog and bug fixes.)

Cheers
I tried installing Version but the Terminal keeps saying that "Version 3.0.1 is the latest version" Do I uninstall it then install 3.0.2?

Does anyone have an answer here?:)

Does anyone have an answer here?:)
Please be patient, Eddie! There is no need to bump your threads... we see you! Thanks! :D

The Wine HQ main page says this:
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.

So, the binary is not yet available, as they are explaining. This is always the case with them... there is a delay while the binary packages are prepared. You can build the new version from source code, or wait... whichever you prefer.

Cheers

Latest posts