Windoze 7, Server's 2003 & 2008 say bye bye!

We will have to see how Windows 9 is. From a security (and NSA) perspective it will probably be crap. However, rumors abound about the return of a Start Menu. That would be nice. ;) Then again I use Linux so why I even care.....:p

The only good news is it looks like just for "features" (because Microsoft has such a great track record with new features...) and security maintenance will extend to 2020.

I've already resigned myself to never buy another M$ product beyond Win 7 (and I only have that for gaming) but we do run Win 7 on our work laptops I'll just have to pray we don't switch to Win 8 next year.

The only good news is it looks like just for "features" (because Microsoft has such a great track record with new features...) and security maintenance will extend to 2020.

I've already resigned myself to never buy another M$ product beyond Win 7 (and I only have that for gaming) but we do run Win 7 on our work laptops I'll just have to pray we don't switch to Win 8 next year.

Now's a good time to approach the higher up people and tell them about the advantages of a Linux desktop.

May the force be with you. :)

Members online

Latest posts