Will this graphics card "Fit" ??

This link shows several possible solutions for Ubuntu and nVidia combinations that make the splash screen go blank. I think you're using Mint, which is Ubuntu-based, so one of these might solve your issue too.

Cheers!

Yer a sad man, Paul ... fancy having lived in Bermuda and NOT loving fish.

Actually, regarding splash screen or not:

In all of my Distros, I go not.

In the Debian-based it is a simple matter of going into /etc/default/grub and changing the line which says "quiet splash" to "noquiet nosplash", then save and exit. Run

Code:
sudo update-grub

and then reboot.

That way, you get to see what is happening at startup, and troubleshoot errors and warnings.

Works with different families as well eg RPM, Arch, Gentoo &c. You may just have to use the full command after changing the grub file.

update-grub is a "stub" for

Code:
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

... and in the case of the RPMs eg Fedora, it may be

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

... note highlighting.

Works for me

avagudweegend all

Wiz

Yer a sad man, Paul ... fancy having lived in Bermuda and NOT loving fish.

Actually, regarding splash screen or not:

In all of my Distros, I go not.

In the Debian-based it is a simple matter of going into /etc/default/grub and changing the line which says "quiet splash" to "noquiet nosplash", then save and exit. Run

Code:
sudo update-grub

and then reboot.

That way, you get to see what is happening at startup, and troubleshoot errors and warnings.

Works with different families as well eg RPM, Arch, Gentoo &c. You may just have to use the full command after changing the grub file.

update-grub is a "stub" for

Code:
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

... and in the case of the RPMs eg Fedora, it may be

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

... note highlighting.

Works for me

avagudweegend all

Wiz

Well, When I was there I did like fish. It was only about 7 years ago that I came to my senses, nyuk, nyuk:cool:

Sorry for the late reply...i didnt receive any emails about the replies received.......

Thanks Wiz......but no go.

I reboot after implementing the 'noquiet
zluq2b.jpg
nosplash', .....saving etc,,,,and running sudo update-grub.......

....and still get a longgg blank screen, until the speakers lights show sign of life...then the 'hdmi' signal/sign shows up on one monitor, and the other monitor turns itself on........10 seconds or so later I have desktops loaded on both monitors.

pic attached of the CHANGED grub folder...

Last edited:
Any one know How To Remove a Malware Manually? Thanks

Hi @newbuster, and welcome! Please start your own thread with your question rather than asking on a thread that is totally unrelated. I'd recommend "General Linux" or "Getting Started" as appropriate forums. Thanks!

Members online