WiFi on laptop

S

skittles

i have an old Compaq NX6325 and have recently replaced XP with Mint 17, however I can not get WIFI to work on it. I presume it is just a case of installing a driver but where does one get such a thing from?

Thanks if anyone can advice

You might try here, from http://wireless.kernel.org/;
that is assuming the ref I saw was correct, the card being a Broadcom 4311 802.11 a/b/g.

I noted earlier that this card has a bug in the ubuntu repos that surfaces after doing an upgrade.

The most recent Debian-based distro, SolydX, has no problem recognizing and loading the driver on install.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: the url link above won't be unlinked, so click on the "here"

Last edited:
Wifi is a wireless broadband connection that allows you to connect to the internet without using any cables. It’s particularly popular for use with laptops because they can then be used in any room of the house. Wifi is also available in lots of public places, such as pubs, cafés, hotels and even some buses!

That card is support in Ubuntu. Mint Linux use Ubuntu repositories etc. Ubuntu has a wifidocs for this card. Perform a web search for broadcom ubuntu wifidocs, your card is in the list. But before you try anything get help on how to remove the current drive and install the one you need.

:)

Members online