Wifi not working

Abortos

Reaction score
Credits
I'm starting with Linux and Ethical hacking, and I have just created my first VM with Virtualbox, using both latest versions (kali and VB).

When I try iwconfig it sais that:
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

I'm having problems while trying to connect to the bridge adapter. Mi adapter is a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Idk what should I do. Any info you need I can give you, but help me please.

Last edited:

I'm starting with Linux and Ethical hacking, and I have just created my first VM with Virtualbox, using both latest versions (kali and VB).

I'm having problems while trying to connect to the bridge adapter. Mi adapter is a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Idk what should I do. Any info you need I can give you, but help me please.
You have to attach the USB wifi card to the VM;
1. Start Vbox and select the Kali VM
2. Open its settings and click on USB
3. Click on the USB icon with a "+" symbol and attach the USB device.
4. Click on OK and that should be it.
usb.png

Keep in mind that Vbox offers no wifi whatsoever, this info is from the kali website and I haven't tested mysellf so not sure it works https://www.kali.org/docs/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-wireless-driver-issues/
Hope this helps! :)

I had that problem on a old gate way and a hard drive i salvaged with Windows 10 and i used a old android phone that was deactivated it still would use usb teathering and aslong as it was connected to a wifi signal the laptops would access the internet i just installed kali linux on the salvaged hard drive and all of a sudden the wire less adapter started working again but i used a pen drive to boot and install kali you mite have better luck using rufus to make a bootable pen drive i had problems with vm box like your saying but the pen drive worked like the snap of a finger for me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts