Wifi, ethernet connected, but no internet.

ounest

Reaction score
Credits
Hey! I have a problem with my Ubuntu system. Wifi and ethernet is connected, when I type iwconfig command it displays but the internetdoes not work. Everything worked before. Iknow it's the system's fault, because on theother system (Windows) (dualboot) everythingworks without a problem. This is the secondtimethis has happened, the previous timereinstalling the system helped, but I don't wantto do that again. I searchedthe internet to find asolution, but nothing worked. Please help.

@ounest
what does "ifconfig" show?
It should tell which wired & wireless connections are UP/DOWN/RUNNING, etc.

have you done any updates recently ?
in terminal run inxi -fnxz copy and past the whole network section

Something tempted me to turn on the VPN. From that point on internet started working normally. Why is this happening?

Something tempted me to turn on the VPN. From that point on internet started working normally. Why is this happening?
It will happen, if you have connected to VPN and network and your PC turn off due to power failure..

Issue is related to DNS server so internet will stop working untill you connect to VPN network again (this may overwrite the DNS server)

I also faced internet problem when my PC turn off due to power failure when connected to my office VPN network

Just connecting to VPN again will resolve internet problem

This can be used for Internet not working issue

you may not have the correct drivers loaded.. thats why i asked you to run inxi

Hey, I have the same problem again. I turned off my pc when i was connected to ProtonVPN. Now Im connected to the ethernet but I can’t load any website. I tried some commands that I found on the internet but it still not working. Any solusions?

I suppose connecting to protonVPN might be a solution, given it worked for you the last time.

What happens if you load 142.251.36.46 in your browser. It should be google.com

Or if you don't trust me, what happens if you type nslookup google.com in terminal?

I have tried command's that I found again, and I fixed it! :D
For anyone with the same issue, try to restart the Network Manager:
$ sudo nmcli networking off
$ sudo nmcli networking on

I have tried command's that I found again, and I fixed it! :D
For anyone with the same issue, try to restart the Network Manager:
$ sudo nmcli networking off
$ sudo nmcli networking on
Thanks so much for posting your solution, I spent almost a whole workday trying to fix my VM and this finally fixed it!