WIFI Adapter Not Connecting To Kali Linux

StamflyTV

Reaction score
Credits
Hello :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFORMATION:
I am running Kali Linux (dual boost from windows 10) with my laptop.
My laptop has a WIFI card and doesn’t need an external WIFI adapter to be able to access internet. However, I do want to use a WIFI adapter when running Kali Linux. My laptops main operative system is windows 10.
And if It helps, my laptop: Lenovo Yoga 720

MY ADAPTER I WANT TO USE IN KALI LINUX:
Atheros AR9271
IEEE 802.11B/G/N
Long-Range USB Adapter
ALFA AWUS036NHA

MY PROBLEM: I can’t get my WIFI adapter to connect to Kali Linux (the adapter is 100% working, have tried on windows).
I’m not finding the adapter while connected to the laptop
So how do I connect this adapter to my laptop (in Kali Linux)?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings. And thanks for all the help I can get.

Most adapters work out of the box with Linux but some you have to install a driver for them in order for them to work. Also if you do install a driver for the adapter you might have to blacklist the onboard wifi card in order for the adapter to work.

Also you might want to read up on the Kali Linux documentation.

@atanere Yes i did everything it said, and still i cant connect wifi adapter. Tough i tried connect wifi adapter to kali linux IN VIRTUAL BOX. And i got this error message

Attachments

• ojdå.PNG
    ojdå.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,253
Lsusb sees it so that's good.

You may have to find a driver for the adapter and blacklist the driver for your onboard wifi card in order for the adaptor to work. Try to find the driver for it and than check to see if the kernel is already providing a driver for it. Modules are listed under lsmod.

Hope the documentation for Kali helps.

Do you mean dual boost or dual boot?

Lsusb see's the adapter so that's good.

I think your going to have to look for a driver for the adapter and find out if the kernel is already providing a module for it. Modules are listed in the output of lsmod.

Did the Kali Linux documentation help any?

OK, so now VirtualBox is an option. And I assume that your Alfa device is working in the Windows host, right? One of the methods should get you going if you carefully follow their directions/instructions. They are all pretty similar. The third link I gave also leads to a YouTube video... maybe that would be more clear. View it here.

Members online