wifi adapter driver for ralink problems

babayaga

Reaction score
Credits
I am a new user of pop os. I Use PC with an external Wifi adapter. To identify the adapter i used the `lsusb` command in the terminal
the result was

Bus 006 Device 003: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

i needed to replace my driver in the `/ect/wireless/ folder` from `RT2870STA` to `DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913` but when i try to replace the folder
it says that "permission do not allow pasting files in this directory". Please help

and yes before anyone says use the `mv filename 1 filename 2` i have tried it does not work

If your pop has kernel 5.2 or higher the MT7601U drivers should be there
as POP is loosely based on Ubuntu, you could try
sudo apt install mt7601-sta-dkms

I am a new user of pop os. I Use PC with an external Wifi adapter. To identify the adapter i used the `lsusb` command in the terminal
the result was

Bus 006 Device 003: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

i needed to replace my driver in the `/ect/wireless/ folder` from `RT2870STA` to `DPO_MT7601U_LinuxSTA_3.0.0.4_20130913` but when i try to replace the folder
it says that "permission do not allow pasting files in this directory". Please help

and yes before anyone says use the `mv filename 1 filename 2` i have tried it does not work
in order to change that file you must become root. or have root permissions.
so open the file with this command in a terminal
HTML:
gedit admin:///etc/wireless/<folder name>
the change the file and save it. Or you could try what Brickwizard said and see if the correct driver is in the repository. Good luck.

Staff online

Members online