Wifi adapter Alfa AWUS036NHA and Kali Linux application from Windows 10 app store

Mark Bogdani

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I have the wifi adapter Alfa AWUS036NHA, and have installed the Kali Linux application of Windows 10 in my laptop. Now I would like to use the wifi adapter in monitoring mode but when I use command airmon-ng it shows nothing for the chipset. The wifi adapter works prety well it is brand new, in my laptop works very well for the wifi around recgonizes them. It is compatible for Kali Linux but doesn;t appear. Something needs to configure or install at Kali Linux on Windows 10 since it doesn't have a default installattion like usual Kali Linux. I have made update, ugrade, installed wireshark, metasploit, and installed the driver atheros with this command; apt-get install firmware-atheros . Still nothing, didn't work. Doees it need something else to install? I would like to know if can I use Wifi adapters like Alfa AWUS036NHA for monitor mode, how? Is it possible with this application in Windows 10 to hack other's Wifi? I have the wifi adapter compatible with Kali Linux for monitoring mode, but when it is used command airmon-ng nothing is shown for the Wifi, anyone can help with this application?

Thank you

Hello Mark. Kali Linux is well beyond my skills, but I am moving your thread to the Kali Forum where maybe it will attract someone with the needed knowledge.

Cheers

Hello Mark. Kali Linux is well beyond my skills, but I am moving your thread to the Kali Forum where maybe it will attract someone with the needed knowledge.

Cheers
Thank you atanere, really I would like to know how to use Alfa AWUS036NHA and Kali Linux functions like airmon-ng

Cheers
If somebody will answer the question, can you tell me where to see and check the answer?

If anybody answers your question....then it will appear here.

I have no experience of kali at all

If I did, I would be very hesitant to answer a question about "hacking others wifi"

If anybody answers your question....then it will appear here.

I have no experience of kali at all

If I did, I would be very hesitant to answer a question about "hacking others wifi"
After this answer looks to not expect any answer to my question. Since the kali linux application in windows 10 is new it isn't developed to much and needs some installations to work. I am asking for an answer because don't want to spend money on buying single board computers like Raspberry Pi only for Kali Linux. That'all, if no answer for the question then should buy a single board computer like Raspberry Pi and install there not windows but a kali linux system in order to work fine.

then should buy a single board computer like Raspberry Pi and install there not windows but a kali linux system in order to work fine.
Kali very often does not "work fine" and is highly discouraged for new Linux users. You would do well to learn Linux as completely as possible with a more user-friendly distro before trying Kali. Good luck!

Members online