Why does my ubuntu system grub installation fail?

Chuak

Reaction score
Credits
它出现在我推出ubuntu安装包时。“无法将grud-efi-amd64签名的软件包安装到/ target /。如果没有GRUB引导装载程序,则安装的系统将无法启动。” 我打算制作一个Windows 7和Ubuntu双系统。这个问题让我无法入手。有没有人有这个问题的解决方案?请帮帮我,谢谢

G'day Chuak, and welcome to Linux.org

Translation of the above....

It appeared when I launched the ubuntu installation package. "Cannot install grud-efi-amd64 signed packages to /target /. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot." I plan to make a Windows 7 and Ubuntu dual system. This problem made me unable to start. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Please help me, thank you

It appeared when I launched the ubuntu installation package. "Cannot install grud-efi-amd64 signed packages to /target /. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot." I plan to make a Windows 7 and Ubuntu dual system. This problem made me unable to start. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Please help me, thank you

This is the problem

Attachments

• IMG20181227082006_1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 724
G'day @Chuak and welcome to linux.org :)

Can you please answer the following questions?

1. Are you installing from DVD or USB stick?
  2. What is the name of the .iso for example ubuntu-18.04-desktop-amd64.iso ?
  3. Is your computer running on BIOS or UEFI? If you are not sure, we can tell you how to find out in your Windows 7
  4. When you ran the installation, did you establish an Internet Connection, and by Ethernet or by WiFi?
  5. Near the beginning, did you choose "Install Ubuntu alongside Windows", or "Something Else"?
  6. Can you tell us the specs (specifications) of your computer, for example, desktop or laptop and Brand Name and Model, for example I am typing this from a Dell Inspiron 5770, laptop?
Thanks and thanks for the picture

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thank you for your answer.
1.I am installing the system from the USB flash drive.
2.I am using ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64 system
3.My computer is running on UEFI
4.I didn't use any network when I ran the installation.
5.I did not install it under Windows, I used U disk to install ubuntu
6.My computer is Lenovo G50-80
Thank you again for your answer.

Thanks for your answers, @Chuak :)

About Question 5 - did you use the 1st choice or the 3rd choice?

gTe35.png

About Question 4. - When you install Linux, it is usually best to have the Internet switched on. There is a small "program package" called "shim" which "talks" to Windows to say that it is safe to install your Linux.

Try the install again with Internet connected and see how you go.

Wizard

I am using the third choice
Ok, I will try to use the network.

Members online