Who wants to develop a Desktop with me?

Johan_Perjus

Credits
Hello!

I am a graphic designer and UI designer with some fresh ideas for a desktop environment, better than the ones that that are out there IMHO.

Who wants to help code?

Linux Forum Screen Desktop.png

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Just wanted to say sounds like a fun project, but I'm not a programmer. Good luck finding someone! What do you dislike about the available DE's?

Johan_Perjus

Credits
Thank you! I feel like most if not all existing DE’s are bad imitations of either Windows or MacOs. I’d like to create something that is better than both those two.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Thank you! I feel like most if not all existing DE’s are bad imitations of either Windows or MacOs. I’d like to create something that is better than both those two.
Depending on how much you customize your DE it doesn't have to look like the default. I don't see Windows in any Gnu/Linux DE when I look at the different DE's. I switched from Gnome2 to MATE when Gnome2 became obsolete. A few years after I switched to Cinnamon to have a more modern look, but at the same time still the Gnome2 feeling. I guess it's a matter of preference and the customization a person does. I hope you find a way to get it off the ground your project, will be interesting to follow your progress! :)

Last edited:

Members online