While restarting linux for first time, I got consistency error. I tried fsck and resize2fs command but won't work anything.

roy_125

Reaction score
Credits
I dual boot my pc with windows and linux. I preinstalled windows and afger that I installed linux. I installed it compeltly and lastly, restarted it.

When I restarted it I shows error " unexpected inconsistency; run fsck manually"

I tried fsck with force but, won't work.

Fsck shows error " filesystem size is larger than physical size and either superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt"

So, I run resize2fs command and it shows " not foun "

I tried sudo but it shows same error.

Please help me! What I relly need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, @roy_125 !
I take it you are able to use either an optical drive or USB. I don't know HOW you ran fsck or the command swiches used, but are you able to enter at prompt the commands
Code:
cfdisk /dev/sda
and tell what happens, or
Code:
fdisk -l
?

Was just checking posts before heading to bed, but will see if you can respond before I do so.

Hello, @roy_125 !
I take it you are able to use either an optical drive or USB. I don't know HOW you ran fsck or the command swiches used, but are you able to enter at prompt the commands
Code:
cfdisk /dev/sda
and tell what happens, or
Code:
fdisk -l
?

Was just checking posts before heading to bed, but will see if you can respond before I do so.

Both command won't work and show the same error "not found"

Here is Image.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_101701.jpg
    IMG_20200807_101701.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 323
How did you partition the drive, to which paritions did you install Linux (which distro, also), and how did you do the paritioning?

If you remember/wrote them down, first unmount the partition (assume /dev/sda3, for example) --
Code:
umount /dev/sda3
then run
Code:
fsck -a /dev/sda3
this after the (initramfs) prompt.

If it doesnt not work, simplest thing would probably be to wipe the partitions the distro was installed to
and reinstall linux, on them. Come back in the morning and don't make a mistake late at night, is my suggestion. I must follow my own advice and retire for the night, too.

The problem is umount or resize2fs command won't work. When I execute them, error comes up and says "not found".

And the second and main problem is those are the problems gone and new problem comes up called " grub rescue mode".

In grub rescue mode, I type ls amd list comes up with list of partition.

But not one of them(partition), shows file. Every partition shows unkhown filesystem*

I really don't know what I've to do next.

here is image.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_144007.jpg
    IMG_20200807_144007.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 314
Best bet is to tell us exactly what was done when whatever distro was installed on whatever paritions were created either by you or the distro itself.

Meanwhile, look at this youtube tutorial on GRUB
If your machine unusable, go to another and download Rescatux, as a suggestion.

Members online

Latest posts