While installation of kali linux my screen went blurry and paralysed

Takedown

Reaction score
Credits
When i clicked on graphical install during installation process my pc's(hp ryzen 5 with redeaon vega graphics) screen went blurry and distorted.

@Takedown you'll need to give a bit of information for us to help..

What are your specs? Is this a laptop/desktop? Is it something that came with windows, macos, etc.. do other Linux distributions work on this hardware? How much experience do you have with basic Linux troubleshooting, etc.. the more info the better.

And i'll come out and say to please take a look at the readme for this forum.

Rob

Dear Rob I understand your concern. I have to learn the course on ethical hacking and I own hp(ryzen 5 with radeon vega graphics)
If you can solve my problem you're appreciated!

Kali isn't the distribution to jump into as a first Linux try.. first, install Ubuntu on the same hardware and let us know how that works.

You don't need Kali for ethical hacking - start by learning things like nc, nmap.. linux basics.. how are you going to pentest Linux systems if you don't know the basics of what the commands are doing and how the various applications work that you're testing against?

Once you're comfortable using Linux day-to-day, then install Kali on a thumb drive for when you're working on that stuff.. use Ubuntu or another daily distro for your everyday stuff.

Last edited:
Dear Rob I understand your concern. I have to learn the course on ethical hacking and I own hp(ryzen 5 with radeon vega graphics)
If you can solve my problem you're appreciated!

Best thing to do is install linux mint or ubuntu and then download oracle virtual box and run kali through mint or ubuntu in a virtual machine. Ive taken ethical hacking courses and on every course they teach you to use virtual machines as labs because:

1. its safer and gives you an added layer of isolation, if your kali machine becomes infected or the configuarions get messed up you can easily reset your machine to an earlier state without having to reinstall the kali

2. A virtual box is an excellent testing lab for your network scanning and hacking techniques. You do not want to be scanning external networks on the internet as you could get into a lot of trouble.

3.Installing into a virtual box is great practice before commitng to a permemant install on your system. it gives you the chance to see how an operating system performs on your current hardware

4. All the pro cyber security experts and ethical hackers all use virtual machines for their Kali, usually they run either Debian, Macos or even windows as their main.

5. Kali is impractical as a main os. It operates in root privilages and you can easily trash your system if your not experienced with it.

My advice isntall mint or ubuntu and you will have a solid main operating system to then delve into kali or parrot with using virual box

Reactions: Rob
do you all remember Grasshoper and his sifu saying "when you can take the pebble from my hand you are ready? " well can you install and use slackware , then you might be ready for kali linux

I have to install kali linux. If you're able to help me you're appreciated don't play xyz!

What we're saying is:
1. You aren't giving us enough info to help you - when is this happening.. right away, halfway through install, etc..
2. You haven't tried another similar distro like Ubuntu to see if it's something kali related

Always give too much information when requesting assistance on a technical forum

I have to install kali linux. If you're able to help me you're appreciated don't play xyz!

I admire your enthusiasm for kali you remind me of myself when i first began my linux journey, i was also very keen. What you want to do is change how you view kali and hacking. Dont look at it as you have to learn Kali to hack , rather its better to learn linux and how computers and networks work in general. The reason for this is because most decent pent testing and hacking tools are written for linux.

1. install a user friendly distro like mint or ubuntu. Kali has 600 or so tools and is a monster of an install - its a much slower install than mint or ubuntu. If your struggling getting kali installed u will struggle to use its 600 tools.

2. begin learning some commands for the linux commandline. I reocmmend you this book to get you going, its for beginners and is a good introduction to basic linux commands.

linux_for_hackers.jpg

download it here for free

3. read this on what is required to be a hacker in terms of skills and basic foundational knowledge.

4. I recommend this learning platform. Im a member of it- its a cyber security platform that has a plethora of linux courses, networking, programming, ethical hacking courses. Its a one off payment for a yearly access to about 140 courses on all of these subjects by some of the best in the industry:

5. LEarning all this stuff takes time and is more of a lifestyle than an overnight type thing.It takes years to learn about computers, hardware and networks and software so just take your time and work through some really good books and courses. Trust me your time will be better spent follwoing a good course and/or good book which will give you good foundations for going onto other things.

Dont take offence to the "X..Y...Z" type advice. We see people coming onto the forum almost daily with asking how to install Kali linux. The truth is Kali linux is aimed at advanced pent testers who have a high knowledge of Linux as an operating system, Kali is not designed for you as a beginner, it will not be friendly and it will not show mercy to a beginner. Its actually dangerous for beginners because if you dont know waht your doing the FBI could be knocking at your door from the cyber crimes unit if your scanning networks and messing around with it, thats why a lab in virtual box is much safer and practicing those technqiues on your own home network

Last edited:
What we're saying is:
1. You aren't giving us enough info to help you - when is this happening.. right away, halfway through install, etc..
2. You haven't tried another similar distro like Ubuntu to see if it's something kali related

Always give too much information when requesting assistance on a technical forum
I had to make an account just to call Rob a moron jerkwad. If you arent going to offer help on specific issues then dont admin a forum. Youre just being a moderator prick when you wont answer questions helping people get started. kali linux is not some extremely high level expert level stuff. Its moderate at best and you dont have to spend years on ubuntu to be able to use. Now please ban me because I hurt your administrator feelings.

Umm... User was banned for that. I'll save @Rob the energy - but will leave the post up so we can all giggle at it. (Don't take it too far, so far that I have to lock the thread or anything. But, yeah...)

Members online