Which web browser do you use?

• Thread starter lucasbytegenius
  • Start date
I've used firefox all my life I don't really know why either lol. I think it maybe, because the looks, addons, & most of all features of the browser and handy tools.

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk.
BackHost.US - Reliable Offshore Solutions.
Dedicated , VPS & Shared.

i use both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox for daily use activities. But i have plenty of web-browser installed on my machine based on different OSes.

I use the newest version of Mozilla Firefox. I think it operates a lot better than Google Chrome and has the sleekness that Google Chrome started with. I can open a lot more tabs in Firefox than Google Chrome without it lagging as well. The only thing that I do not like about Firefox is its private browsing mode. Incognito mode in Google Chrome just opened a new special windows for it but Firefox closes out of your regular window with all of your tabs to switch to private browsing. That really is my only gripe with Firefox, otherwise it works perfectly fine.

I am a long-time fan of Firefox. Right now I am at FF 11. However FF does hang up on me now and then. That's when I use Opera.

I like using chrome, firefox and Avant browser at the same time. Different browsers for different web sites.

I use chrome, mainly for its speed, firefox, of course for it's various add-ons and stability, Avant browser mainly for its tri-core rendering engines (trident, webkit and gecko).

Using different browsers is quite common among web developers as well as computer enthusiasts. Sometimes we just need to check how our website looks with different browsers and make adjustments for best viewing.

Others also find useful add-ons which are available on certain browsers only. Firefox and Chrome are great browsers with a lot of different extensions/add-ons. Most users nowadays use both depending on the add-ons they need.

Another factor why you should use different browsers is that some websites may have functions that just don't work on certain browsers. Instead of giving up on the site, try using a different browser first and it just might save your day.

Update.

Now I am using Chrome. Mainly because I have just found out that all I have to do is sign into my Google account and I can have all my settings synched there. So when I install Chrome on another pc, I just have to sign into my Google account again and everything is updated. Much simpler than installing Xmarks and Lastpass.

I use SRware's Iron. It's based on the Chrome source code and identical in every way except for Google's privacy invasions found in Chrome. All Chrome extensions are fully functional in Iron, too.

Love it - I am always harping on about the privacy breaches with the Google Shmoogle Chrome browser - at work I use FF or IE as is now, at home I'm using Midori. Iron sounds reasonable if we are saying it is safer?

Firefox is my choice 99% of the time. I love extensions adblock, flashblock, and now ghostery, and sometimes pixlr grabber. I'm annoyed when I use a different browser that doesn't have them.

Although I do occasionally use all the others, including Arora, which wasn't listed.

I now use Chrome and I find it very fast and its JavaScript engine actually amazing. However there are hundreds of features that Firefox integrates natively or through extensions. For now, Chrome is a browser for a good standard navigation. But I still seem very far away from Firefox.

Staff online

Members online