Which the distro Linux is for beginner

• Thread starter Deleted member 92873
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
there must be hope otherwise you wouldn't even get a response "boot failed"

there must be hope otherwise you wouldn't even get a response "boot failed"

I try do it then fail, fail and then pulled up plug out then first power off > plug first in then hold Window and B hold in 1 to 3 and turn on till hearing beep then notice that say need USB bios recovery for it.. Here is

98077705-C9B3-4350-B7FB-DEEBED713B04.jpeg
image.jpg

I think I need to get BIOS recovery USB to buy from HP or download from online? I can not believe hp support doesn't tell me about that now I figure out.

ok try this reboot and hold down crtl + esc keys to see if you can get into bios recovery

It sounds like your partitions got messed up when you either tried to shrink them or tried to install Linux. I recently installed linux mint without touching the partitions, what you do is choose the option to "install alongside Windows" and the installer will make the Linux partition for you, it will even give you an option to make the partition smaller or larger without messing anything up.

It sounds like your partitions got messed up when you either tried to shrink them or tried to install Linux. I recently installed linux mint without touching the partitions, what you do is choose the option to "install alongside Windows" and the installer will make the Linux partition for you, it will even give you an option to make the partition smaller or larger without messing anything up.

I just bought it from HP from staple last Jan in 2019 also my warranty is expired and expensive to pay cost to fix mine laptop for bios replacement... I hate window for a long time look like the window don't want me do boot Linux on my laptop..

I didn't mean take it to an installer to get it fixed, what I meant was that there is an option when installing linux mint that says "install alongside Windows". If you choose this option the linux partition will automatically be made for you and you don't have to mess with the partitions.

I know you can't do it now because your computer is busted, but when you get it fixed that's the easiest way to install Linux and preserve your Windows OS as well.

Everything I have tries to follow step and step then look like not work BIOS when I click update it says already installed the follow what hp explain me thru YouTube explain everything and that cannot let me do with bios issues solve. I think look like not work. HP say fix cost you more. I forget the off. Thinking........ last night I try to do it then that look like it really on it but last one say turn off device then put usb in then power on ?? It not work though?
392DDC2F-7E10-40DF-A290-45AC1FCAE55F.jpeg

7CB07BED-004F-4561-910C-1147CF2549A4.jpeg
E86DD911-9DDC-45F2-9EE0-2A2E9B9A8CEE.jpeg

392DDC2F-7E10-40DF-A290-45AC1FCAE55F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk with Hp lately . They says your motherboard look like not work well as need replacement new motherboard cost you for fix. Only one thing I do everything then recovery of BIOS file unable found on your system .......

Ok. I read about what happen if not work BIOS recovery install on your laptop and successfully is failed may your hardware issues nor may not work well then not work for good. I cant recovery bios with my laptop and keep say BIOS recovery not found a file on my laptop. I dont go keep keep go do with my laptop cause NOT WORK FOR GOOD.

Have you tried going to a computer tech forum? There might be someone there able to help, it would be a shame if your laptop ended up in a garbage heap because of a failed installation.

I have to download for BIO image. Then do with usb.

I test press F2 then choose firm ware management and no biso image on list. Need get BIOS image to download and I couldn’t find these BIOS image for hp pavilion cs00xxxxxx

Find a BIOS image to download then install with usb then do it start over. I don’t know why is the hp pavilion are mess up cause HP ADirect me as explain me how to do but failure. All I think I must get bios image download.

Go to hp put in the laptop serial number so you get right bios firmware

There is a small problem of how you are going to place the download onto the laptop if it won't boot anything. if your lucky and you place the bios firmware onto a usb stick and you reboot and go into bios recovery it might "see" the software on the usb stick. i haven't done any bios updates in a long time (to a certain extent if you have a working computer but the bios software is old ,there is some risk) in your case you have nothing to lose

Last edited:
There is a small problem of how you are going to place the download onto the laptop if it won't boot anything. if your lucky and you place the bios firmware onto a usb stick and you reboot and go into bios recovery it might "see" the software on the usb stick. i haven't done any bios updates in a long time (to a certain extent if you have a working computer but the bios software is old ,there is some risk) in your case you have nothing to lose

Yesterday , I check see if the bios need update .. I do it then there is no update. it already update on it. only I think might problem with admin password need enter password .. I try use

put some word in password for admin password if can reset or not. if not then that is possible problem with your hardware .

I tried these ( -nnoy , -vtdag , -e9137vcpe , I_ _ 74082824 are most failed to reset cmos for my hp laptop...

With so many Distros available these days, my advice is try them all and see which one you like.

I personally use Zorin 15. Which is a kind of windows feel but comes free with a good package.

But, use them all it will improve your Linux to ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online