Which the distro Linux is for beginner

• Thread starter Deleted member 92873
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 92873

I m new to Linux. I m not sure which the Linux os for beginner to use?

or

How do I boot a Linux mint on my current hp pavilion laptop? Where do I find correct step to step information for the Linux mint

How do I boot a Linux mint on my current hp pavilion laptop? Where do I find correct step to step information for the Linux mint
Have a read and start your Linux journey.

@Zixobical G'day and welcome to the community.
Follow the advice that @Vrai and @poorguy gave you and read the material they gave you and I doubt you will not have much hassle with it.
I personally have a HP pavilion dv6 laptop which will be converted to a Linux distro but at the moment it is being used for other things that are required to be done.

is there not a sticky for this question? basically if not it should include sections such as :
have a look and play at https://distrotest.net/

Then elements such as are you a Gino D'Acampo guy "minimum effort, maximum satisfaction" or is your aim to learn Linux ...

Follow the advice that @Vrai and @poorguy gave you and read the material they gave you and I doubt you will not have much hassle with it.
I personally have a HP pavilion dv6 laptop which will be converted to a Linux distro but at the moment it is being used for other things that are required to be done.

I got HP Pavilion 15.6 Cs00 with no cd/dvd. It has is most USB, HDMI, SD card in. Very lightweight but fairly nice carry with me look small laptop with my big hand. It wasn't really small. Medium size but lightweight.

is there not a sticky for this question? basically if not it should include sections such as :
have a look and play at https://distrotest.net/

Then elements such as are you a Gino D'Acampo guy "minimum effort, maximum satisfaction" or is your aim to learn Linux ...

I usually use the windows for a long time then I look at apple, then I have iPhone, apple tv here and look a Linux on youtube what I would like to curious to look at it then I might try these os but rather first thing is what to do thing step and step for Linux boot and install with my laptop nor a desktop... The first thing is what do I would like to learn with Linux more than I ahead go do Linux. Otherwise, Look at youtube, online of Linux where the people who talk about that. I might interest in a change to Linux. Linux Mint looks like a window a bit little. But I am not professional with the Linux and the window is yes.

I usually use the windows for a long time then I look at apple, then I have iPhone, apple tv here and look a Linux on youtube what I would like to curious to look at it then I might try these os but rather first thing is what to do thing step and step for Linux boot and install with my laptop nor a desktop... The first thing is what do I would like to learn with Linux more than I ahead go do Linux. Otherwise, Look at youtube, online of Linux where the people who talk about that. I might interest in a change to Linux. Linux Mint looks like a window a bit little. But I am not professional with the Linux and the window is yes.
The Linux distribution "Zorin" has multiple versions of the 'desktop' user interface one of which is supposed to be very "Windows like". Some people may find this makes for a more comfortable transition from Windows.

LinuxLite is supposed to be very good also.

But I think for someone new to Linux the aforementioned Linux Mint or Ubuntu would be a good choice.

Personally, when I first started my Linux exploration I found it very convenient to use an old "beige box" desktop computer to install Linux on and experiment. No need to worry about messing up my "daily driver" or production machine. I found people will often discard their perfectly useable old computers when they upgrade and will actually give them away for free! Linux will run perfectly fine on an old PC :)

Yeah I read the forum from on the linux mint information also I downloaded it then I forget that I need usb for the linux mint os . I dont have those usb with me I have get new usb drive then I could do it because I dont know how to boot it on hard drive without usb I dont know how then I do youtube and I dont want to do with my laptop cause if I make mistake then the 10 window would be gone away. Is any linux mint could do boot with the hard drive alike unebootin ? I do try it then not work I stop. I have get new usb drive soon ...

If you would like to make Linux Mint bootable on a usb stick you will need Rufus to do it.

Once the usb is bootable with Mint on it go into the BIOS and set your HP to boot to the usb.
Make the usb the first choice in the BIOS boot menu.

If you would like to make Linux Mint bootable on a usb stick you will need Rufus to do it.

Once the usb is bootable with Mint on it go into the BIOS and set your HP to boot to the usb.
Make the usb the first choice in the BIOS boot menu.

@ alexzee , I got a new USB drive ( 3.0 ) Ok. I unable get in BIOS cause a password is wrong often and I dont do write down and remember. I have to reset CMO battery from my hp laptop to remove it out then in again then do it. I think I m doing ahead with Linux Mint .

@ alexzee , I got a new USB drive ( 3.0 ) Ok. I unable get in BIOS cause a password is wrong often and I dont do write down and remember. I have to reset CMO battery from my hp laptop to remove it out then in again then do it. I think I m doing ahead with Linux Mint .

Attachments

• E819D632-B435-44E1-A74A-CE70612D62A1.jpeg
    E819D632-B435-44E1-A74A-CE70612D62A1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 557
never mind it work now. I use unebootin see if it can boot then did it.

struggling but Rufus seem look like new update me that a pic show by the attachment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 573
Wait to see what happen next then if not I might do wrong to do not I stun it and still look YouTube how to do....

Ok. I install Linux mint on my hp laptop then look like good process to start then these is no disk on list where the list you want to boot a drive .. these is no disk drive on the list from Linux mint I have disk drive in my hp laptop, something I miss process with the usb? come back to check my laptop check if something wrong inside my hp then these is no miss nor problem. There is one hard drive inside and connector look good. I don't know what is an issues then I start boot the 1- window reboot with my hp .. these is disk on it then install it away then 10 window look good everywhere now.. I do install Linux mint later before I see how to do step and step how to do with Linux mint or ubuntu mate. And I have a pic look like what I have it on desktop now ..

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    754.3 KB · Views: 527
Last edited by a moderator:

@ Nik ken bah , Good day neither,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts