Which is the best Linux OS for an MSI U135DX netbook

E

Eidrian1789

hi all, im new on linux and i have a netbook where i want to run linux, so a little help will be more than welcome. below you will find the specs from my computer so you can help me recomending the best os for it.

CPU Intel Atom N455
RAM DDRIII 1GB
HDD 250GB

one of the questions that i have is if the camera and the keyboard controls, camera and mic will be compatible with linux os. by the way the netbook is an MSI U135DX

any help will be more than welcome.

thanks in advance.

Asking "What is the best" is subjective. Choose the one YOU like and which suits YOUR computer.

Think about it. "What is the best"... Sports Team? Car? Religion?
People will "advise" you many things, but they may not be what YOU want.

You are new to Linux. There is little point suggesting Arch Linux or Gentoo because they are for more advanced users. You need a "newbie" distro like Linux Mint (Xfce?).

You can try your keyboard controls, camera and mic before install. Many Linux distros are LiveCDs. You can try a LiveCD before install. It will not affect your Hard Drive at all (unless you tell it to install!) and when you remove the disk it will be as though it was never there.

For SOME suggestions look at:
http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/2013/10/12-great-linux-operating-systems-for.html

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 and I like it very much. There's SO many distros out there it's hard to decide on one or the other, but reading that article from arochester, it looks like Linux Lite is a great OS to use. Just my 2 cents.

Members online