Which email provider do you use and why?

Which email provider do you use?

• Gmail

• Outlook

• AOL Mail

• Yahoo Mail

• iCloud Mail

• ProtonMail

• Zoho Mail

• Yandex Mail

• GMX Mail

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Multiple, with most accounts being run myself.

I've had Gmail from the git-go and have never had any issues or problems with Gmail in the years of using Gmail so therefore see no reason to change now.

I'm even considering adding Google Chrome as another browser seems other browser's rely on Google for searches anyway so why not.

I'm even considering adding Google Chrome as another browser

It works quite well in Linux...

I find it beneficial to login and sync data, so that I can just use Chrome if I need to.

Say what you will, but both Google and Microsoft (oddly enough) have never lost my data in a data breech.

I have half a dozen accounts, all with different mail providers

I use cheap shared web hosting with unlimited email accounts. Accessed using thunderbird but there is an unused web interface.

Multiple accounts and use Thunderbird to access them

Like Expirion I have multiple accounts and use Thunderbird client.

What is the benefit of using Thunderbird and not use the browser to access your email?

I open thunderbird, and it automatically checks all my different accounts and shows which have new post all on one page

So you who use Thunderbird you can vote for your original email providers. The purpose of the poll is to see how dominant is Gmail among the users of this forum, how well Protonmail is doing and maybe learn about a new email provider that we didn't knew

maybe learn about a new email provider
well there is one big free provider you're missing... mail.com [you can choose from around 200 different domains .from athiest.com linuxmail.org, toothfairy.com to workmail.com]

well there is one big free provider you're missing... mail.com [you can choose from around 200 different domains .from athiest.com linuxmail.org, toothfairy.com to workmail.com]
I didn't have room for more email providers in the poll but there is a catch with Mail.com -as it is with other providers- if you don't visit for a while your mail page they delete your account and recycle the mail address. That means that someone else can register your old email address and gain access wherever you have register with that email

Protonmail have a foggy policy about when they delete accounts due to inactivity but they do not recycle addresses. Only time will tell when they gonna delete my account

Last edited:
While I don't like the idea of my correspondence being used for telemetry, I do like the simplicity and universality of GMail. Also, they have really good spam filtering.

For my day to day mail I self host my own mail with my own domain. But I do have a gmail account from the time when I still used Android with Gapps but I don't actually use it much now days except for when I'm looking around on Youtube. I also have an Outlook account since I sometimes use Skype and I need it to game when I login to my Xbox. That being said I don't actually send or receive mail on those accounts on a day to day basis.

Why because that way I have one less Google and Microsoft service that I am dependent on and because it's educational.

Last edited:

Staff online