Which dual controller monitor works well with Linux?

ITSMGuy

Reaction score
Credits
I'm looking to purchase a multi-controller monitor that will allow me to sell off my 5 monitors. I know it won't give me the same amount of viewing surface but it will cut down on my bill. I have one at work but that is with a Windows computer and there is software that is loaded on the laptop that assists with the configuration of the monitor. Not sure if there is a Linux version of the software.

Has anyone had any successful experience with this?

For reference:

Last edited:

this looks like a single large monitor to me. No special controller or driver would be necessary. Maybe I am seeing it wrong but it looks like just a single monitor.

this looks like a single large monitor to me. No special controller or driver would be necessary. Maybe I am seeing it wrong but it looks like just a single monitor.
It is a single monitor with dual controller and split screen.

It is a single monitor with dual controller and split screen.
you are saying it accepts 2 inputs from the PC to work the monitor? in that case you can use what you already have for it.

you are saying it accepts 2 inputs from the PC to work the monitor? in that case you can use what you already have for it.
I just figured out it's a Windows feature. It doesn't happen with my Windows 11 Pro from work but it happens with my Windows 11 personal laptop (that I almost never use and never use with an external monitor so I had no clue). However, when on my Linux systems, if I drag a window to the upper right expecting to pin it to a section and create 4 areas, that doesn't happen. I'm on Fedora and I can't get it to "pin" anywhere. That could because I am using 4 monitors. On my Debian system when I'm just using one of the 4 monitors (changing the input source), I can pin to the right or left by dragging it but when I open another window, it doesn't snap to either side, it just displays as a window.

When using my work Windows laptop at work, there is a Dell application where I specify the layout of the 43" monitor and everything fits in one of those sections all of the time. Nothing spans multiple sections. If I open a new app, it snaps to the last uses section and I can move it if I choose.

Staff online

Members online