Where to install

manin1952

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I was not sure were to post it, so...

I just installed VMware player. When I tried to run it, it asked for some files because the installation was not at the default place.
So I uninstalled it..And my question is...Where should I install it?
When I download the file (bundle or any other file) I should move it and then follow the procedure?

Thank you

G'day manin, Welcome to Linux.org

Supply some details please.

PC, make model, ram, cpu, which Linux are you running?where did you get the vmware app/program from, how was it installed, etc etc ?

Hello, first of all thanks for your time :)

for pc and model I don't know what you expect...It has been built piece by piece.
CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz × 4
RAM : 15,5 GiB

Linux
Code:
manin@manin-PC-1952:~/Downloads$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Release:    20.04
Codename:    focal

I downloaded VMware from this link
VMware

Installation
Code:
manin@manin-PC-1952:~/Downloads$ ls
VMware-Player-16.1.2-17966106.x86_64.bundle
manin@manin-PC-1952:~/Downloads$ chmod 777 VMware-Player-16.1.2-17966106.x86_64.bundle 
manin@manin-PC-1952:~/Downloads$ ls -l
total 171200
-rwxrwxrwx 1 manin manin 175307451 Σεπ   9 22:31 VMware-Player-16.1.2-17966106.x86_64.bundle
manin@manin-PC-1952:~/Downloads$ sudo ./VMware-Player-16.1.2-17966106.x86_64.bundle 
[sudo] password for manin: 
Extracting VMware Installer...done.
Installing VMware Player 16.1.2
    Configuring...
[######################################################################] 100%
Installation was successful.

Let's try some basics:

In your BIOS, there may be an "Enable VIrtualization" or similar verbiage. Is that enabled?

Let's try some basics:
In your BIOS, there may be an "Enable VIrtualization" or similar verbiage. Is that enabled?

Hello,

there are two similar verbiages, now they are both enabled. But why?
What this has to do with software installation?

Thanks

well i guess you at some point will want virtualisation software say like virtualbox et cetera to run ?

Hello, I was not sure were to post it, so...

I just installed VMware player. When I tried to run it, it asked for some files because the installation was not at the default place.
So I uninstalled it..And my question is...Where should I install it?
When I download the file (bundle or any other file) I should move it and then follow the procedure?

Thank you
Though I have not tried this my self this article may be of help to you in installing VMware player on linux.

What this has to do with software installation?

If they weren't enabled, virtualization wouldn't work. It has to do with *this* software's installation and running. But, as it is enabled, your problem lies elsewhere.

Yes, it is working...But i tried fedora as virtual OS, and it is going really really slow...
I don't know why...
Good, glad to hear it.

Is your host machine a 32-bit or 64-bit architecture?

Maybe try a more lightweight distro like Linux Lite or Zorin OS.

OR> check in your setting in Virtual Box and see if there is anything that you could adjust to make Fedora run faster.