Where to find package?

lomszz

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, wondering does someone know where to get killall package?

Trying use conky manager 2, already compiled it but missing package which wasn't on list and can't find it..:(

Screenshot_2022-09-04_13-18-49.png

no such package to my knowledge but there is a built in shell command called "kill" which you can use the -a (--all) flag

That is weird, i can't launch this without that one :(

apt-file search kill
should point you in the right direction

No such command found, sudo and non sudo

edit: I have vanilla debian, i don't have even killall command while on arch i had :D

bit of a going off at a tangent , but i thought normal evolution was Debian -> Arch.
What made you switch ?

Nothing really, just so bored :D switching back probably, too much missing + outdated packages.

edit: yep i'm gonna switch back :D oh well record i used base debian 12h :D:eek:

The tedious thing about Arch is updating and if you don't you could run out of room if HD tight or other glitch; apart from that and recent grub issue (reporting of grub breaking OS) ,its been fine.

yeah it's been fine, no problems there, i just got so bored this morning so decided give debian spin, maybe i should enable virtualization to use vm:D

I have thought that one and Gentoo :D
Somepoint I have to try

So,
Code:
killall?
was not included in the /sbin directory on install?

Try Salix --

So,
Code:
killall?
was not included in the /sbin directory on install?

Try Salix --
Well It's kinda late now :/, but yeah there wasn't command found. Still reading debian docs if I'll find solution and fire up VM tomorrow

Looks like killall command belongs to debian testing packages

Yeh, was a little late to the show and maybe a little snarky, too.

When I was using nothing but true Debian-based distros going back to aptosid, I used Stable repos once and never again. Stable is a stick-in-the-mud control package set at the end of the testing cycle and it does not have what I want in software choices. Sid had what I wanted, even more than what the Testing repos held.

pacman is a dream i don't remember any quotes including the text " --fix-missing" so far ; i do however see "checking for incompatibilities" when pacman runs.

Slackware is also sane , never had one instance of dependency hell , but thats because it was mostly down to me , to make sure dependencies were met and installed in right order i'm referencing slackbuilds here. BUT it was ever so a little tedious to be honest .

Staff online

Members online