Where People Can Get Their Free VPS - 1, 2, 10 or even 20 ?

Palzaj

Reaction score
Credits
There are many people, who have 1, 2, 10, or 20 free virtual private servers. How it is possible ? Where are they get them ?

I have no idea. So, why do I comment?

I certainly wouldn't use a free VPS for anything serious. They're not very expensive and free services are less likely to be reliable or have longevity. You can get a VPS for very little money these days. I have multiple and a couple of dedicated servers. Dedicated boxes are a bit pricey still, but they're far more reasonable than they used to be.

If you want to learn, use VirtualBox and set up your own play server to learn on. It'll teach you more, be more reliable if you make it so, and it'll still be there tomorrow when you need it again.

What is it that you want to do, anyhow?

"If something is free, you are the product."

If you want a cheap server or vps you can always have a look at kimsufi, they offer old OVH hardware.

Last edited:
If you want a cheap server or vps you can always have a look at kimsufi, they offer old OVH hardware.

Those are some fantastic prices, actually. I may have to try them out with my next project, thanks! The price for KS-5 is delightful. 'Snot available at this moment in time, but I'd wait for that.

LOL I have way too much web hosting.

Those are some fantastic prices, actually. I may have to try them out with my next project, thanks! The price for KS-5 is delightful. 'Snot available at this moment in time, but I'd wait for that.

LOL I have way too much web hosting.
Their installation process has some limits from what I can remember, you can’t choose to use LVM during installation and you can only use one ip per system but it’s worth a look. Otherwise you can always have a look at OVH’s in between brand SoYouStart.

I
I have no idea. So, why do I comment?

I certainly wouldn't use a free VPS for anything serious. They're not very expensive and free services are less likely to be reliable or have longevity. You can get a VPS for very little money these days. I have multiple and a couple of dedicated servers. Dedicated boxes are a bit pricey still, but they're far more reasonable than they used to be.

If you want to learn, use VirtualBox and set up your own play server to learn on. It'll teach you more, be more reliable if you make it so, and it'll still be there tomorrow when you need it again.

What is it that you want to do, anyhow?
I am looking for dedicated, but cheap one. Just for some tests, nothing more. If I can get free one, I will take it of course. There are many people in the virtual world, which have a lot of free servers, so I also want of course. :)

"If something is free, you are the product."

Will check their prices, but firstly try to get some free ones.

Their installation process has some limits from what I can remember, you can’t choose to use LVM during installation and you can only use one ip per system but it’s worth a look.

For anything I'm likely to do, that fits my needs just fine. Though I find the IP address restriction kind of strange. Though, frankly, IPv4 are getting pretty scarce these days. I'd be surprised if you couldn't buy extras. Worst case, assuming the server were for web hosting, one could get away with a single nameserver address. I've done so in the past. I have one site that's getting enough traffic these days to consider putting it on its own server, or at least a VPS. It's still on shared hosting. I'm kinda surprised they've not yelled at me yet.

I

I am looking for dedicated, but cheap one. Just for some tests, nothing more. If I can get free one, I will take it of course. There are many people in the virtual world, which have a lot of free servers, so I also want of course. :)
Only the sun comes up for free. Running a VPS costs resources, money and electricity. Cheapest you will find is probably kimsufi and otherwise a vps through Amazon services. All the so called other cheap or free VPSes can’t be trusted since they have no obligations to you.