Where do you buy music from?

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
I had a loss of lot of data and now I gotta restore whatever I can. Some things I do have in a backup, others - I don't. One of the things I don't have in a backup is my favorite DJ Bobo's album named "World in Motion (Winter Edition)" of 1997. I found it in a website called discogs.com but never before in my life I have purchased music from websites (only from local stores on a CD/DVD), so I have no idea whether they're legit and/or whether I'll get what I'm ordering.
So, my question is: where do you buy music from - any legit sites for music out there from which you can download the content after you purchase it? Or at least making deliveries to Eastern Europe?

Back in the olden days and I'm retired and somewhere between middle sixties and seventy I used buy my records at record stores.

We had record stores that sold new records and used records.

Record stores are making a come back where I live.

We had record stores that sold new records and used records.
Nobody uses records anymore, especially here. They're not a reliable enough media, not to mention they can't fit in the pocket.

@Peer , can you give me a link to Saturn? I found a car Saturn but not a music store.

It's a general Technik store, they sell everything also cd's.

Pardon the hell out of me.
I forget you youngsters don't know what real audio is. :D

If it ain't gotta B side whats the point.
The B side gave us MONEY and Eclipse > that would be Dark Side of the Moon.
for those that might not know.

Thought Amazon had a Music store for digital downloads ?

I usually just trawl local second hand music shops for CD's which I'll rip to mp3 myself.
I have also bought CD's from ebay and amazon in the past. Amazon is pretty good - they provide digital downloads of any music you've bought from them.
And for newer, unsigned bands - I often buy physical and digital copies of their music from bandcamp.com.

I use Firefox as my browser.

One of its add ons is YouTube to MP3 Button

It works like a charm.

My wife and I own way too many records, tapes, CD's and VCR tapes. We have an entire large walk in closet full, and we never play any of them. Today we use Spotify free. I think you can purchase and download from them.

I some times download Musik from yt using youtube-dl

I use....
32.png

YD YouTube Video and Audio Downloader (Dev Edt.)

Download YouTube videos in all available formats and extract the original audio files
(Firefox add on)

Nobody uses records anymore, especially here. They're not a reliable enough media, not to mention they can't fit in the pocket
Beg to differ there Vinyl is making a quiet comeback
Vinyl records have long been a popular format for recorded music. Although fewer recordings were released on vinyl following the advent of the CD in the 1980s, the format has regained some popularity in recent years and increasingly new recordings are being made available in a variety of digital and analogue formats. In the early years of CDs, vinyl records continued to be prized by audiophiles for their sound quality (despite their greater sensitivity to dust and scratches); even now, some listeners prefer the warmer and more detailed sound of vinyl.
from this source

I also like classical music

@rado84
Post scriptum I just did a quick google search and came across a Ukrainian internet Magazine that sells vinyl and the equipment to play them on and there seems to be a large selection of records to choose from some are new releases by present day artists though I will admit the majority though were re-releases from old artists.
By the way magazine are what the Ukrainians and Russians call a shop/store. Something that I just got use to saying instead of shop or store.

@rado84
Post scriptum I just did a quick google search and came across a Ukrainian internet Magazine that sells vinyl and the equipment to play them on and there seems to be a large selection of records to choose from some are new releases by present day artists though I will admit the majority though were re-releases from old artists.
By the way magazine are what the Ukrainians and Russians call a shop/store. Something that I just got use to saying instead of shop or store.
1st. sorry for the late answer.
2nd, I don't use vinyl, if that's what I think it is. I need a website where I can pay for digital content and then download it as mp3 or better yet - as FLAC.

Now days I only listen to music on spotify and youtube.

Members online