Where can i download the linux OS for laptop

Lo2714

Reaction score
Credits
I have a laptop that was given to me. I turn on the laptop, "no operatoring system found " , so i would need operator system

G'day Lo2714, and Welcome to linux.org

Can you tell us the Make and Model number of the Laptop ?.....any details at all ?

do you know which OS was on there before you got it ?

i guess this an opporunity to try a Linux in a "live" flavor; old laptops had cd, and dvd drives , if yours had one all you would have to do is boot a Linux live straight from the drive. if so you could walk to to wh Smith buy linux mag with a free dvd and your off.

If not can also put Linux such as Knoppix onto a usb; but you need to access another pc to do a DD if= of= to transfer iso to stick

I have a laptop that was given to me. I turn on the laptop, "no operatoring system found " , so i would need operator system

That's a vague statement. It's like asking where you can buy a car...Yeah im just throwing it there lol (me and my big mouth :rolleyes:) Annnnnnyyyyhow! It depends what your laptop specs are and what you want from an operating system. What operating system are you used to?

Staff online

Members online