Where are the menu bars on other browsers

sofasurfer

Reaction score
Credits
I am looking for a great alternative to firefox. I have determined that mt slow loading websites are a problem of firefox so I want to replace it. First thing I have noticed is that the other browsers do not have a menu bar! Thats crazy. What are that alternatives that are most preferred over firefox?

I have Chrome, Chromium, and Pale Moon at all times.

There are many browsers based on Chromium - which is an opensource browser. So, if you want some distance from Goole, there are options from Brave to Opera.

There are a few browsers based on Firefox, as the Pale Moon mentioned above or Librewolf.

I'd play with those until I found one that pleased me the most, or made the least annoyed.

In Firefox press ALT key to show the main menu bar at the top. Or press F10 to open the "File" menu at first. That's what I just did to try it. :)

It should work also in Edge, if you want to use that away from Windows.

Hmmm reading the first post again. Now I don't remember because I didn't like Vivaldi, it was too cheaply done for my taste and it doesn't allow disabling spell-checking which was driving me crazy going to underline words in red.

The hamburger menu on Brave Browser sort of serves like a top menu bar, that's why there actually isn't a menu bar. It's a mistake to assume it's like the hamburger menu on Firefox. I press F10 inside Brave and it focuses in and out of the URL edit field.

Last edited:
Brave Browser

Fast

Reliable

Personally, I do not miss the menu bar...at all. It is just a question of changing your habits

if you must have it...
There is a way to get a Menu Bar (or at least a reasonably functional version of it) added to the Brave Browser in Windows. Go to "Extensions" and search for "Proper Menubar", install it, RESTART Brave, and then the Menu Bar should appear BELOW the Bookmarks bar. You can customize the menu bar too (background, fonts, etc). It's not perfect, but better than nothing.

Here is the add on
and yes, it works in Brave

this is the blurb that accompanies it

If you decide to install Brave......take a slow look through settings.....it is fairly extensive

If you have shortcuts on the desktop...you will need to change the browser that opens them...so that they look like this...
Note:...the hyphen/dash between brave and browser.
2023-05-26_14-13.png

I am looking for a great alternative to firefox. I have determined that mt slow loading websites are a problem of firefox so I want to replace it. First thing I have noticed is that the other browsers do not have a menu bar! Thats crazy. What are that alternatives that are most preferred over firefox?
Many of the more popular browsers don't have a menu bar. That being said, I favor Brave.

Not being funny, but why on earth would anyone want to disfigure any browser by forcibly adding a "feature" it was never designed to have......just because you can't "live without it" in some other browser?

I get that it's all down to personal preference, but for myself, disabling the Menu bar is the very first thing I do with any install of Firefox or Pale Moon. It just looks untidy!

(shrug)

Mike. :rolleyes:

I've never worried about menu bars but I do want a Home button.
m1212.gif

Yes, there is a Home button in Brave......(or you can turn it off, according to your preference.)

Yes, there is a Home button in Brave......(or you can turn it off, according to your preference.)

Yes I know but it really gets me why we have to go looking for it...should be there by default...life would be so much easier.
m1213.gif

open settings, appearance, 3rd itme down

( I know you don't need the directions, bob)

This is for @sofasurfer when he installs Brave

( I know you don't need the directions, bob)

Wasn't implying that...it really get me that I have to go to the Settings to select the Home button...should be there by default.
t2409.gif

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts