When people ask why you use Linux over Windows,Mac,and Chrome OS what do you tell them?

Most Linux users are also users of Windows or Mac OS, or even users of both.
That I may dispute, yes some Linux users still stick with windows for propriety software, I like many, more on this forum just run Linux systems
I run 4 different distributions, depending on which machine I am using, and have another 6-10 on ext hard drives for testing, thanks to wine & play on Linux I don't even need Microsoft for my what were very expensive windows programs, so my last windows in use was XP. [I still have w7/W8/W10 install discs for repairing other people's boxes when they get so crapped out to fix them] But have no interest in installing and using myself,

Bottles and wine. . . .hmmmmm.
Reminds me . . . . no, I won't go there!

The Fireballs - Bottle of Wine (a great song) - is what this reminds me of.

(I will go there. I ain't scared! It's seriously a great song.)

I use bottles to run the windows app(if needed) it is a fantastic app unlike wine it runs in a sandbox so it is isolated from host system
bottles
That looks like an answer for all the people having serious trouble installing and running wine.

I note that it is included in the software manager on Linux Mint.......and it has a setup guide for all the many os's that can use it

1650312584159.png

I like the freedom of choice, customization, privacy, security, and relative lack of malware. I don't get deeper than that unless there is interest in conversation.

If I am using an older machine such as my really old 32bit Sony Vaio then an older kernel with a newer version with a desktop that caters for a low ram system makes things easier than Windows this is what you get then there is the TPM rubbish in Windows 11.

The freedom to do whatever I want on my own computer.
happy0035.gif

I don't have to worry about spyware, viruses, the blue screen of death, defraging the Drive, constantly cleaning out the crap windwoes creates every five minutes and how slow it is.
mad0039.gif

microsuck sells your information to Governments or anyone with cash and there's nothing you can do because you agreed when you installed windwoes.
sick0012.gif

The windwoes updates that install whenever they like and brake your system...the secret backdoors in windwoes that allow microsuck employees to enter your computer and change or delete your files.
mad0025.gif

The worst of all...paying good money for a licence to use windwoes that microsuck can cancel at any time for any reason because you don't own it.
mad0044.gif

Members online