when I installed fedora ,i met the problem

C

cenyebin

I want to install fedora 14 on my computer basic on windows8 .But when i managed my hard disk,i saw three free partion .What happened with it ?

Attachments

• 181343sm4mr08mk0tps2nz.jpg.thumb.jpg
    181343sm4mr08mk0tps2nz.jpg.thumb.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 935

...It's not really a Linux question is it, because you have no Linux installed...

It's difficult to understand why you have so many ntfs partitions, let alone the free ones. Presumably one is your Recovery Partition, one is your current use, but the others?

I have seen Trojans which create a partition and dump a copy of any information in that partition. When the computer is connected to the Internet all information is uploaded to somebody, somewhere unknown.

A good scan for malware might be helpful.

Why 14? Fedora 20 is out. http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

thanks for your reply,arochester .
The reason why i have so many ntfs partions is that before installing Fedora
,I haved installed windows8 .And I divided harddisk into some ntfs partions.

I want to make three free partions be one free. Is it possible?

I am downloading lastest Fedora distrobution.

I want to make three free partions be one free. Is it possible?
Yes. Use a partition editor to delete two partitions and expand the remaining one. Partition editors are included in most live discs.

thanks for your reply,Cyber-Berserker
I want to do it with diskgenius ,but i just saw the largest free one .
I have no knowledge of that application. The only one I have ever used is gparted. And a tiny amount of experience with cfdisk, mostly negative.:p

You have two partitions: /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2

/dev/sda5 -> /dev/sda9 are what windows refers to as as "logical drives". This means that if you mess with sda2, sda5 -> sda9 could vanish...

You have two partitions exactly the same size, sda5 and sda6, so if these is important data there, you need to ensure you know which of these is which. You can't take it for granted that device IDs are in the same order as they are on the disk.

I would suggest first booting into windows, find out what those partitions are and remove an empty partition(s) from there first to free up the space. You don't actually need partitions, just free space on the disk - the installer can do the rest.

You have two partitions: /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2

/dev/sda5 -> /dev/sda9 are what windows refers to as as "logical drives".
I missed that. I should have looked at the image.:oops:
Lesson learned.

Members online