What VMWare programs are available in Mint 20

Angelsong7

Reaction score
Credits
I've been out of the Linux game for quite a while. I am looking for a Virtual Machine that runs x64 programs. Virtual Box only runs x32 (or x84). Any suggestions?

VirtualBox run 64 bit VMs, assuming you have a 64bit host.

There is also libvirtd, QEMU/KVM.

Last edited:
How do you get VirtualBox to run 64 bit when the only options are 32 bit?

'
VirtualBox runs 64-bit VMs, assuming you have a 64bit host.

There is also libvirtd, QEMU/KVM.
You questioned about my hardware. Well...I have an Asus B550M motherboard. An AMD Ryzen 7 5800x CPU. In addition to 32 gigs of RAM and 2T in drives. Think that's enough? (Sorry about the sarcasm, it's been a bad day.) Also I thought QEMU/KVM only ran 32-Bit.

Type: Linux
Version: Whatever

desktop 1_116.png

I am unsure what you meant with your last post. I am running Linux Mint 20.1, 64-bit.

What about running pfSense on VirtualBox. pfSense only comes in 64-bit, but I could only find a 32-bit entry in VirtualBox.

Ok, I've been able to resolve the Windows 10 problem, but my pfSense issue remains. It's a BSD OS with FreeBSD as the version. However, the BSD/FreeBSD is only showing 32-bit instead of the 64-bit that pfSense runs on.

Ok, I've been able to resolve the Windows 10 problem, but my pfSense issue remains. It's a BSD OS with FreeBSD as the version. However, the BSD/FreeBSD is only showing 32-bit instead of the 64-bit that pfSense runs on.

Staff online