What terminal emulator do you use?

smooth_buddha

Reaction score
Credits
Im currently using a teminal emulator called "Terminology" its quite fun and customziable. I discovered it by using Bodhi linux, that distro has terminology as default terminal

terminal_emulator.jpg

I use Tilix. So i can run Multi command at the same time and keep track of it.
Skærmbillede fra 2022-01-04 15-17-49.png

PS. i don't care, but i know some people have a hard time loading big pic because they are on their phones, so it would always be good to make the img smaller, so they don't have to load all that when opening a post just saying. As i said, i don't really mind.

I use xfce4-terminal and I use tmux with that so I can organize different tabs as well as open different windows in one tab.

Terminology is a great terminal. Part of the Enlightenment desktop.
I like some of its unique built-in commands, like tyls, tycat and typop for viewing images, music and video files in the terminal. You can set an image, or a video as a background in your terminal too. But I only ever used Terminology when I was experimenting with the E17 and E20 desktops. Once I switched to dwm full time, I completely ditched Enlightenment and Terminology.

On my current Debian/dwm setup, I use st (aka stterm - suckless terminal). A really simple, basic stripped-back terminal emulator. No flashy bells, or whistles. It doesn't even have a scroll-back mechanism. In order to access any kind of scroll back - I use tmux with st. I build and install st from source, from the suckless github.

I am boring, I will use whatever is installed :)

I use Tilix. So i can run Multi command at the same time and keep track of it.
View attachment 11381

PS. i don't care, but i know some people have a hard time loading big pic because they are on their phones, so it would always be good to make the img smaller, so they don't have to load all that when opening a post just saying. As i said, i don't really mind.
looks good that does

Terminology is a great terminal. Part of the Enlightenment desktop.
I like some of its unique built-in commands, like tyls, tycat and typop for viewing images, music and video files in the terminal. You can set an image, or a video as a background in your terminal too. But I only ever used Terminology when I was experimenting with the E17 and E20 desktops. Once I switched to dwm full time, I completely ditched Enlightenment and Terminology.

On my current Debian/dwm setup, I use st (aka stterm - suckless terminal). A really simple, basic stripped-back terminal emulator. No flashy bells, or whistles. It doesn't even have a scroll-back mechanism. In order to access any kind of scroll back - I use tmux with st. I build and install st from source, from the suckless github.
cool i didnt know about those commands thanks for that!

I think this question has been asked before.

I use Terminator or xfce-terminal, as a general rule.

Terminals are an ever changing landscape, like a lot of linux I suppose. Ones I've tried: rxvt, mrxvt, roxterm, eterm, aterm, st. Usually I use xterm because I've come to know how to configure it more than any of the others and it's light enough.

I use xfce4-terminal and I use tmux with that so I can organize different tabs as well as open different windows in one tab.
I played around for a bit with alacritty and I switched over to it since I have been quite liking it.

i use alacritty but you need to remember alt+shift +c to copy and alt+ shift + v to paste from terminal

i use alacritty but you need to remember alt+shift +c to copy and alt+ shift + v to paste from terminal
It's easier to copy/paste if you enable the save_to_clipboard setting under selection and use your middle mous button to paste.
Code:
selection:
  save_to_clipboard: true

Members online