What Services are given by Web Hosting Companies?

D

DDSvpsHost

To my understanding, Space on their servers is, no doubt, the most important product sold by a web host. Many other products and services, essential for website hosting, are also provided by some Web Hosting Companies such as domain name registration, email hosting services, and SSL certificates etc.

Some of the service providers also give the facility of website builder tools through which you can create your own website without the help of web designers and developers. However, the most important products offered by some web host are the different types of web server hosting so that their clients might choose the hosting space suitable to their specific needs.

So should Hosting a site (Domain) be mandatory as well? and other information will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Paragraph 1 is all statements.
Paragraph 2 is all statements.
And I don't really understand the only question in Paragraph 3.

I own a number of domain names. I buy server space to host those domains. It is not "mandatory" to buy server space if I want to use a server in my home, but my ISP doesn't like that idea. After buying server space (including all the fun stuff, like DNS setup, and email setup, etc)... I don't use the other stuff you discuss, like web design or builder. I code web pages with a simple text editor, and then FTP the html files and graphics to the server.

Do you have more specific questions? Maybe I can help, but maybe not. I do things in a very simple manner for the websites that I own.

Cheers!