What is the best FIle Sharing App for Linux?

Where you read that? can you provide any source?

You can read about this (they're not wrong) just by using your favorite search engine. Here's one such article from a reputable source:

They've been doing this since the Napster days.

In at least one instance, the copyright claim was invalidated 'cause the owners of the copyrighted material posted it themselves and then ran around filing copyright infringement claims.

If you want to do a deep dive, look at New York Country Lawyer on Slashdot, though much of that is likely 'ancient' by modern standards. I'm not sure what he's doing now, but it's probably still fighting copyright infringement cases. I suspect you can find some EFF articles on the subject, if you did deep enough.

(EFF is one of my favorite organizations. They get a monthly donation and other donations throughout the year.)

Wow thanks for hooking me up with ProtonVPN I thought i'd have to pay for it but a FREE VPN man thats awesome! Thanks
By the way how can I test if the VPN is actually working or not?

Enable it and then check your public IP address. I doubt there's a 'test' mechanism in the torrent client, but it's Proton, so it'll surely work if you set it up properly. But, use their terminal client and then check your public IP address with it disabled and then when it's enabled.

Remember, free often means you're the product. This isn't really true with Proton, but it's gonna be slow. You might also want to check their TOS 'cause they might actually prohibit using it for torrents.

Yeah... "infringing copyright" is against their rules:

To be fair, i't against the rules for all the VPN services I can think of.

Remember, free often means you're the product. This isn't really true with Proton, but it's gonna be slow. You might also want to check their TOS 'cause they might actually prohibit using it for torrents.

Yeah... "infringing copyright" is against their rules:

To be fair, i't against the rules for all the VPN services I can think of.
If you do that year or two year plan it's not even that much a month. I have a lifetime subscription for Windscribe and I torrent on a rare occasion.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for hooking me up with ProtonVPN I thought i'd have to pay for it but a FREE VPN man thats awesome! Thanks
By the way how can I test if the VPN is actually working or not?
Ask google what your ip address is.

I actually just paid the ten bucks for the VPN you get high speed service.

Members online