What is BROKEN ? ? ?

Did you follow the 3 commands above? That solved it for me on Linux Mint.

I am waiting on all the updates for Lubuntu to finish ........ oh lordy lol / had a duh moment.
I just used a different SSD drive to put XP on to do the Bios and instead of unplugging that drive and plugging back in the drive which had the Lubuntu install - - - I wiped that drive and installed a fresh copy of Lubuntu on the Win XP drive that I had no intention of using anyways. All I had to do was unplug the drive and plug back in the original drive.

Did you follow the 3 commands above? That solved it for me on Linux Mint.

Nothing happens except it won't let me get back in to the Tibia .sh file anymore and it won't allow me back in to the tibia,exe any more is only thing that changed.

I'm confused. Should not be any .exe files in your folder.

So, you ran each of the 3 commands, right? Do you remember what happened with each one?

I am done with it ......... too many hours spent that turned in to days / not worth the frustration level anymore. This old dog DELL just won't learn new tricks. Not when I can find a faster easier way and do away with the whole L / X / K / ? what ever flavor Ubuntu mods by simply replacing it with a system that will run a different Linux that does run what I want to run Right Out of the Box with out the need to edit and mod anything.

I'm confused. Should not be any .exe files in your folder.

So, you ran each of the 3 commands, right? Do you remember what happened with each one?

nada zip diddle nothing

Then you don't have an internet connection! :eek: :D

This will update your system and not make any changes. It needs the internet. You will get feedback that it is working.
Code:
sudo apt-get update

I am done with it ......... too many hours spent that turned in to days / not worth the frustration level anymore. This old dog DELL just won't learn new tricks. Not when I can find a faster easier way and do away with the whole L / X / K / ? what ever flavor Ubuntu mods by simply replacing it with a system that will run a different Linux that does run what I want to run Right Out of the Box with out the need to edit and mod anything.
Oops, I missed this one. With your BIOS now updated, do you want instead to try to install Solus again? If you have an existing DVD, you can try that, but you might want to download and burn a new one.

[EDIT: If DVD's still don't boot other Linux, you might try (again?) to burn the .iso to a USB thumb drive.]

I have 4 DVD's with Lubuntu / Xubuntu / LXLE / Solus and USB's with different distros.
That DELL will only read from the DVD and nothing else.
The BIOS updated to the 1.1.11 from the 1.1.4 - the problem is not loading a Distro beside Solus which it will. The problems with the distros is getting them to run / or work / or recognize gaming keyboards, gaming mice, and load a fairly simple game to run. The part that surprises me is how few distros recognize things that work without a hitch on other distros. Without opening a huge can of worms and making some feel at odds I don't waste time trashing on a distro that works great for somebody that I have found to be less then mediocre for my use. The DELL in my mind is an XP machine that is 15 years old to begin with, that to me is the only 2 issues it has. Being too old and being DELL , which are notorious for not playing well with others. What started off as what should have been an easy task has turned in to a giant pain in the neck, a simple modest above average pc tower for under $100.00.
2 cases / 1 extra MoBo which was DOA that was suppose to be guaranteed working / 4 processors / 2 fist fulls of DDR 2 RAM / and a few miscellaneous items I am now the happy owner of all of it and a DELL that refuses to do what I need it for. I am not tossing anymore money or time at it, I will write it off as a loss and move on. I did end up with a Coolmaster Scout case EVGA edition for $40.00 though ..... no idea as to what I will ever do with it now.

I as well a couple of others have told the wife to just toss it in the swimming pools deep end.
I understand your frustration. And into the pool it goes, I guess!

Sorry we didn't get it resolved for you. :(

Let us know if you want to try again another time.

Cheers

Back at it again .... different plan this time.
Took the Coolmaster Storm EVGA edition tower with Antec 550 + power supply
swapped out the CPU to a different CPU, took out all the DDR3 ram changed it all out for G Skill matching. The new results look like this, it runs her Solus now.

jenpc@jenpc ~ $ inxi -Fxz
System:
Host: jenpc Kernel: 4.20.16-112.current x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc
v: 8.2.0 Desktop: Budgie 10.5 Distro: Solus 4.0
Machine:
Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: M4A88TD-M/USB3 v: Rev X.0x
serial: <filter> BIOS: American Megatrends v: 0902 date: 12/10/2010
CPU:
Topology: Triple Core model: AMD Athlon II X4 640 bits: 64 type: MCP
arch: K10 rev: 3 L2 cache: 1536 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm bogomips: 18080
Speed: 800 MHz min/max: 800/3000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 800 2: 800
3: 1800
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD RS880 [Radeon HD 4250] vendor: ASUSTeK M5A88-V EVO
driver: radeon v: kernel bus ID: 01:05.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.3 driver: ati,radeon
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RS880 (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.20.16-112.current LLVM 8.0.0)
v: 3.3 Mesa 19.0.6 direct render: Yes
Audio:
Device-1: AMD SBx00 Azalia vendor: ASUSTeK M5A88-V EVO
driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:14.2
Device-2: AMD RS880 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 4200 Series]
vendor: ASUSTeK M5A88-V EVO driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
bus ID: 01:05.1
Sound Server: ALSA v: k4.20.16-112.current
Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: ASUSTeK P8P67 and other motherboards driver: r8169 v: kernel
port: e800 bus ID: 04:00.0
IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Drives:
Local Storage: total: 111.79 GiB used: 7.48 GiB (6.7%)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: SATA SSD size: 111.79 GiB
Partition:
ID-1: / size: 105.59 GiB used: 7.39 GiB (7.0%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/dm-1
ID-2: /boot size: 269.0 MiB used: 82.8 MiB (30.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
ID-3: swap-1 size: 3.73 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/dm-0
Sensors:
System Temperatures: cpu: 36.0 C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
Processes: 182 Uptime: 1h 06m Memory: 15.42 GiB used: 1.53 GiB (9.9%)
Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: N/A Shell: bash v: 5.0.7
inxi: 3.0.34

Run Timeshift

Run Timeshift
I will have to check to see if it turned on - the other installs of solus are. I was just glad to be past it once it fired off last night.

In Solus they use Vorta backup utility.

I thought they was using Timeshift. Found it they dropped it over 4 months ago.

It runs her game Tibia
The Nvidia C51 [GeForce 6150 LE] integrated graphics adapter is garbage and weak and barely capable of running anything.

The AMD RS880 [Radeon HD 4250] discrete graphics card is what made the difference as it is a capable graphics card.

Glad you got it working.

The Nvidia C51 [GeForce 6150 LE] integrated graphics adapter is garbage and weak and barely capable of running anything.

The AMD RS880 [Radeon HD 4250] discrete graphics card is what made the difference as it is a capable graphics card.

Glad you got it working.

I'll wait and see if she notices anything - before I try to fix what ain't broke.

Members online