What Happens After Big Tech is Finally Abolished

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
So, yes, we have to draw a line now, if we're not already too late, to stop this kinda future.

This is why I'm pushing for the Gift Economy Network software, replacements for proprietary software and services, and other movements that will provide a smooth transition to a better humanity

Well, it would be nice to see proprietary stuff get kicked off the top, but I suspect the laws will change once FOSS becomes a real threat to mass surveillance. Our best hope right now is trying to setup impenetrable networks that rely on systems that can easily be obtained. Imagine if ad-hoc WiFi could create a decentralised intranet across an entire continent with internet access via exit nodes. Would need everyone's collaboration, and much more power/speed than we have, but it works on paper. Some much more qualified friends and I tried it ages ago with several laptops that had ad-hoc mode WiFi chipsets and we got half a block running. Of course there are lots of people interested. It's early phases, especially with security, but we got our proof-of-concept. Just imagine the dent it'd put in data carriers' and ISPs' pockets. Of course the exit nodes would need insane bandwidth but eventually most people would be happy with the local intranet (hosting content via P2P would be possible and that'd kill YT's censorship, lol).

Interesting reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_ad_hoc_network

7. Re 6, a cashless society (Sweden is getting there, I believe).

It has been proposed already. Digital US Dollar or aptly DUD. The withdrawal amount has recently been changed from 10,000 to 600 dollars. ??? In '06 I took 10 Thousand from an account for House, I had to do 5 one week and 5 the next, that was Bank policy not Gov then.

If the US switches to Digital currency, what you have in bank and retirement will lose 30-50% worth.

I use Linux because I like my freedom to do what I want. I like my privacy, what little is left. Stopped in a hardware store today, some "helpful" worker slowly followed me after asking if I needed help. I was looking for Ideas, nothing specific, he kept trying to insert his help. I kept ignoring him. He finally drifted away.

I watched this video a few weeks ago. It is quite enjoyable to watch:

I embedded this video starting from the Deepfakes section (16:54), but you can start from the beginning to learn more.

Chapters:
0:00 Social Media
2:12 Echo Chambers
5:43 Negativity
6:35 Confidence
8:47 Isolation
15:24 Chaos And DeepFakes
18:50 Surveillance
23:15 Hope

Here's a Wikipedia article related to this thread:
One of the sources for Wikipedia above:

Last edited: