What does this mean, I only get this on one of my computers during boot?

BoringZombie

Reaction score
Credits
I get this error one my laptop during boot. It has happened on different distros I’ve tried. All of my other computers I tested them in works fine.
I’ve tried Parrot OS Home and Kubuntu and I get the same error during boot.
Also it boots into Linux desktop after the error shows on screen for a few seconds. And I’m able to login and do everything.
Laptops Hardware:
System family: HP pavilion
Processor: Intel core i5-1035G1 (laptop uses UHD G1 graphics)
Ram: 12gb
Bios version: f.12

Before I removed windows and installed Linux on it the bios was up to date.

My desktop PC and my other laptop do not have this issue and runs Linux perfectly.

Attachments

• 6EEAE9D7-676A-4E20-9CCD-10814D62B588.jpeg
    6EEAE9D7-676A-4E20-9CCD-10814D62B588.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 359

OEMs are lazy.

Let's say a company makes a motherboard and it has two ethernet ports. They also make one with just one ethernet port.

But, they only write one BIOS. They wrote the BIOS for the first one, the one with two ethernet ports. They used the same BIOS version on both of the released motherboards, however.

It still works just fine, but it looks faulty to Linux because Linux is seeing the BIOS that says there are two ports and it is only finding one.

You can try updating your BIOS and those errors may go away.

Note: The above is just an example of why that error may occur. It doesn't actually mean your particular motherboard had those specific options.

OEMs are lazy.

Let's say a company makes a motherboard and it has two ethernet ports. They also make one with just one ethernet port.

But, they only write one BIOS. They wrote the BIOS for the first one, the one with two ethernet ports. They used the same BIOS version on both of the released motherboards, however.

It still works just fine, but it looks faulty to Linux because Linux is seeing the BIOS that says there are two ports and it is only finding one.

You can try updating your BIOS and those errors may go away.

Note: The above is just an example of why that error may occur. It doesn't actually mean your particular motherboard had those specific options.
Thanks for the reply, I checked and my bios is up to date; since it only shows the error in boot and everything else works fine I’m guessing I can leave it as is and continue using it?

Yup. It's nothing to worry about, unless it's actually causing issues. In this case, it still boots and runs, so don't even worry about it.

Yup. It's nothing to worry about, unless it's actually causing issues. In this case, it still boots and runs, so don't even worry about it.
Good to know, thank you for your help on this.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts