What do i do? (Installing Windows to USB while on Linux)

MaplePhoenex

Reaction score
Credits
Hard drive died and had to buy new one and quickly put LInux Lite on it as i had it preinstalled on usb. Yeah i can't get literally ANY USB/CD Burning Tool to work with this crap, so it appears im stuck on it. One is missing a depedency, Others wont let me SPECIFICALLY for windows iso's, because ofc not. and nothing tells me what to do, how to or anything. All ive wanted to do is reinstall windows to my laptop from a windows 8.1 boot usb, which im certainly sticking with for awhile now, and thats saying something. spent all day on this absolute BS. Only other device is a chromebook.
SO yeah stuck with goddamn Linux Lite, and ignoring all my data gone from earlier too.
Any assistance ASAP would be appreciated!

Welcome to the forums Linux lite is a good medium weight linux, and has certain tools available from the repository,
thankfully I don't often get involved in re-installing windows these days, but when I do, I usualy use a DVD-r ,
you failed to tell us what the box is [make & modle number] or even such basic's as it has a dvd read/write and XXyy mb ram
so I will have to be clairvoyant and assume it dose have a DVD read/write.....
once you have downloaded your windows
open the menu in linux lite find the software manager and open it, on the search box put Brasero and search. install the application open Brasero and choose the burn image, to make a bootable DVD [you will need a clean DVD-r disc] I know this works for windows ISO's.

edit you may have to download your windows motherboard drivers from the manufacturer and install them for your windows installation to work properly

ADDENDUM to make a bootable windows USB carefully read this article.. https://itsfoss.com/bootable-windows-usb-linux/#second-method

Bwiz

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts