What distro the best ?

Frank_Enshtein

Reaction score
Credits
My laptop preferences: 16.GB Ram DDR4, 256 SSD NVM2, Intel UHD 620, i5 8250U

I used Debian,Ubuntu,Elementary,Solus,Fedora,Centos,OpenSuse,Parrot OS,Kali Linux and the like ...

Please help me what linux distro i can use with desktop environment mate or kde for linux administration and for devops proffesion.

Now i use OpenSuse Leap 15.2 with KDE but kernel is old 5.3 now available

There is not such this thing. There is not best, better the bestest.
find a distro that meets your needs and have a good community background.
at the end you will understand that no distro matters.

My laptop preferences: 16.GB Ram DDR4, 256 SSD NVM2, Intel UHD 620, i5 8250U

I used Debian,Ubuntu,Elementary,Solus,Fedora,Centos,OpenSuse,Parrot OS,Kali Linux and the like ...

Please help me what linux distro i can use with desktop environment mate or kde for linux administration and for devops proffesion.

Now i use OpenSuse Leap 15.2 with KDE but kernel is old 5.3 now available
Any Linux distribution can fit that criteria. Just pick the one you are most confortable with. If you like OpenSUSE, but want a more rolling release variant, you can pick OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Any Linux distribution can fit that criteria. Just pick the one you are most confortable with. If you like OpenSUSE, but want a more rolling release variant, you can pick OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Thank you i stay in securitty os kali linux distro and in virtual machine i can create my favourite distro for working
in kali linux i can work for devops jobs

The best distro is the one that works for you. No one can tell you that.

Given time, you will have 100 recommendations from 90 people.

Kali Linux will not make you a security pro; however, once you are a security pro, it will be one among many things in your toolbox.

Kali Linux will not make you a security pro; however, once you are a security pro, it will be one among many things in your toolbox.

tick.jpeg

Distro hopping is usually not a good idea although many do it, Linux is one of the most versatile and configurable OS there is. It can be configured in multitude of ways. If you don't like something generally you can simply change it. No distro is perfect or all encompassing, but you can easily manipulate it how you want. Find something you are comfortable with and get a good grip of the basics then have fun configuring it.

Staff online

Members online