What are you using your single-boards for?

Hi, it been a while not been on here. I still have not purchase a new laptop lol, other things had came up.

I have make over my Pi4 into Twister OS, I find this much more stable than other distro, I am running Plex server on it. I am using SSD as main boot, I am no longer use SD. It runs much better. It got retro pi hooked up with two ps3 controller (via Bluetooth). It spot on. I have not change any different distro on pi4. Now pi3 is not being use. I am thinking about setup a headless NAS on it.. is it openmediavalt any good? Any suggestions to run a decent NAS on raspberry pi3. Man thanks mate

I have never ran NAS so I am of no help but i'm sure a few have .

I'll wait and see what other may say, but at least I could give a try on openmediavalut. :)

My pi run as a custom NAS.
I have attached 2 hard disks of 4T each with an external self-power hub on it. First 4T external disk is used as storage and the second one as back up.
OS is rasbian lite with OMV on top.
OMV runs samba so I can share files and folders within my LAN and throw portainer I run some containers, such as cloudflare-ddns, in order to update my ip into their servers, since is a dynamic and not static from my ISP. An nginx-proxy container in order to balancing services to my home server according the service I want to get. An own cloud container. An pi-home container and some more.

Finally throw OMV cron tab I making back ups to the second attached external Disk.

My pi run as a custom NAS.
I have attached 2 hard disks of 4T each with an external self-power hub on it. First 4T external disk is used as storage and the second one as back up.
OS is rasbian lite with OMV on top.
OMV runs samba so I can share files and folders within my LAN and throw portainer I run some containers, such as cloudflare-ddns, in order to update my ip into their servers, since is a dynamic and not static from my ISP. An nginx-proxy container in order to balancing services to my home server according the service I want to get. An own cloud container. An pi-home container and some more.

Finally throw OMV cron tab I making back ups to the second attached external Disk.
Cheers for the information, think I may give a shot, are you running any RAID on it?

Cheers for the information, think I may give a shot, are you running any RAID on it?
nope, in case of crush a RAID hard disk is not a plug and play disk anymore. I don't like it.

nope, in case of crush a RAID hard disk is not a plug and play disk anymore. I don't like it.
Lol I know what you mean. I got 2x 4TB. If I want to get something like 4x 10TB then I would consider to use RAID.

I'll play with simple one first. :)

I built an RFID attendance logging machine with camera and wifi. I used a RaspberryPi2. This machine transmits collected data to a remote server via wifi. :D

Retropie on top of the stock Pi OS pretty cool.
Hello. I know this post of yours is nearly a year old but I wondered, how do I get RetroPi? I recently picked up the RPi 400 and have it set up but I'd like to install RetroPi

Thanks.

ETAPrime youtube

Members online