Website Server from Home

I would like to suggest to deploy univention co-operat server with DDNS

I have used this in the past. It isn't really a web server platform, but rather a
linux replacement for Microsoft active directory. It uses Samba/ldap to manage domain user
accounts and credentials. It's great for single user sign on management.

Instead of having to worry about expired and forgotten passwords on dozens of computers,
it's all managed and stored in one place.

I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you're already pretty familiar with redhat type
Linux (CentOS, Fedora, Oracle Unbreakable, Scientific, etc..) and ActiveDirectory.

I have used this in the past. It isn't really a web server platform, but rather a
linux replacement for Microsoft active directory. It uses Samba/ldap to manage domain user
accounts and credentials. It's great for single user sign on management.

Instead of having to worry about expired and forgotten passwords on dozens of computers,
it's all managed and stored in one place.

I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you're already pretty familiar with redhat type
Linux (CentOS, Fedora, Oracle Unbreakable, Scientific, etc..) and ActiveDirectory.
It is not only for samba and ldap. You can deploy a docker container with your applications. And, there was so many app like wordpress, ownCloud and reocket chat. That was more than normal web server functionality. Please check univention app there

G'day @linn.nay77 and welcome to linux.org :D

Just a heads up that this Thread is over a year old, and the OP (Original Poster) seems to be happy with her setup.

Your input, though, is welcome, for others whom may be pursuing a similar course of action.

Cheers and enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @linn.nay77 and welcome to linux.org :D

Just a heads up that this Thread is over a year old, and the OP (Original Poster) seems to be happy with her setup.

Your input, though, is welcome, for others whom may be pursuing a similar course of action.

Cheers and enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
I am glad to hear that Chris. Hope who want to try this will be very helpful for them.
Have a blessed day

Members online

Latest posts